Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death-Destiny

Claustrophobia 1024: The Sequal to Congestion 1024

No duedates or checkpoints? I've always been interested in the concept but lack confidence making a good map this size!

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I've been doing alot of consideration, and I think I'll take MAP05. It'll be titled "Journey To Sunrise". It'll likely end up being a squeeze to make the absolute longest level I can possibly make in terms of completion times.

I'll take slot 24. I've started working on a map, it's gonna be cramped and difficult, also it's gonna be doom2exe compatible.

Use3D said:

No duedates or checkpoints?

No need. I think everyone here can manage their own schedules. So long as maps get submitted in a timely fashion, I don't need to nag anyone. I'll only make duedates if nothing is getting done, but I see a pretty good mapshot already. And to be honest, making a 1024x1024 map should be fairly quick process in any case.

One thing I learned by accident is that scrolling floors move items at a speed based on the length of the linedef assigned to the scrolling (shorter line = slower scrolling). Scrolling floors don't move floating enemies like cacos though. I'm gonna scrap my brief attempt at Smash TV style gameplay and start over.

If I wasn't involved in so many projects already, I'd probably do something for this. Knowing me, though, I wouldn't even be able to do a 1024 map quick and simple; I'd probably end up attempting to do some crazy thing that abuses tons of boom triggers and dummy sectors to make the entire map morph into a bunch of completely different structures as you play through it. Somebody should do that, it'd be awesome :P

Spertz said:

Are we putting coop starts in the maps?

Yes, go ahead so the map doesn't crash on co-op play, though just like the original this isn't expected to be a co-op friendly WAD as many corridors would likely be like 64x64 or something too small to be fun for co-op.

I'll take map01, as no-one else seems to want to. I've got a nice simple map coming up.

I'm probably going to do Map02 or something along those lines in difficulty. So uh, Map02 will be fine :p

Excellent. Stewboy has turned in his map map already. We're off to a good start. I named your map "Mudbath" for now, but feel free to let me know if you come up with a name on your own, Stewboy. =)

Since there are 32 slots and 19 mappers, that means once you guys get finished with your first map, you can go ahead and start on another for the next 12 submissions if you haven't got enough 1024-style goodness yet. ;-P

I don't know what to do with it, I thought it could fit in this project quite nicely.

Just drop into one slot which is still free, I don't really care where it ends up.But since the map is fairly hard it would be best to use an slot somewhere above 20.

Map name is: Forgotten Fortress, I'll email to map to you in a sec.

Anyone have advice on how to do this: I have a normal player 1 start, and also a second dummy player 1 start (used to trigger linedefs)... well the problem is when I start the level, how do I make the first player 1 start the REAL start, not the dummy spot (right now it interprets the dummy as the real start and starts me over there).

As for the level number for me, I don't really care (maybe 15-25), but I'd probably prefer not to have map 29 because that's too epic-last-map-b4-final-battle and I'm not really confident enough in mapping ability to do that one.

Hey guys, I decided that I would try and compile a texture pack for this. I'm almost done...I'll run it by Death-Destiny before I release it though. I'm trying to cover lots of themes so it will be fairly versatile. So expect it shortly!

gggmork said:

Anyone have advice on how to do this: I have a normal player 1 start, and also a second dummy player 1 start (used to trigger linedefs)... well the problem is when I start the level, how do I make the first player 1 start the REAL start, not the dummy spot (right now it interprets the dummy as the real start and starts me over there).

As for the level number for me, I don't really care (maybe 15-25), but I'd probably prefer not to have map 29 because that's too epic-last-map-b4-final-battle and I'm not really confident enough in mapping ability to do that one.

The real player start is the one with the highest thing number, which is the most recently added one. Switching them should solve your problem. Glad you don't want slot 29 since my map will be EPICZ. So I'll use it then. ;-P

Mechadon
I decided that I would try and compile a texture pack for this.

Hooray, I love texture packs :)

Have not started yet, sorry :( I have been away for a couple days but I'll get started right away.

Alrighty, well I got the go-ahead from Death-Destiny to make the texture pack available. I know some of you wanted to use stock Doom2 texture instead of any new textures, and that's perfectly fine. Your not forced to use these...but anyways:

http://mechadon.hostsnake.com/Claus1024TX_V01.zip
http://www.zshare.net/download/152621342688a7bb/ (alternate download link)

There are 558 new textures and 264 new flats for you guys to play around with, which should enough and then-some. I tried my best to cover lots of different themes here so you guys wouldn't get tired of the same ole shit over and over. Please be sure to read the readme for all of the texture credits.

Death-Destiny, could you please add these links to the first post in the thread?

@shotgunmasacre2 & Stewboy: You two are more than welcome to go back and retexture your maps with the new texture pack if you wish :D

Alright, sorry this took me so long to confirm, but I was in scotland :)

Anyway,My maps name for now will be 'last stand' or something a;long the lines of that. you can only imagine whay kind of map its gonna be. :P

(map 32, if not taken.)

Oh, I almost forgot to mention something. I haven't made the ANIMATED or the SWITCHES lumps yet so some of the new switches and other textures won't animate as of right now. It shouldn't be a big deal though, I'll compile those lumps soon.