Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

E3 trailers/teasers

Wolfenstein:Didnt see that one coming but it looks awesome
Rage: Nice looking game,I've been on a Post Apocalyptic binge here lately.
Singularity:Looks like a mix between Fear and Bioshock...but it still looks sweet.

Technician said:

The new Wolfenstein has been known for a few years.

Yeah, but it's only now in the last couple of weeks that any media and info has been made available of it.

Rage has some good looking environments. It kinda reminds me of the look of a wartime strategy game called KKND now that i think about it. Everything else is really cool, but its hard to tell from a 1 minute teaser anything about how they will play.

Haloless0320 said:

Rage: Nice looking game,I've been on a Post Apocalyptic binge here lately.

The monsters look too generic IMO... unless they're not the enemy (little likely).

Someone from id said that the man with that hat from the first ever trailer is a vendor. So... that's it for the gameplay: mission and shopkeeper NPCs, car driving outside, not-so-sandbox action, and the typical monster gunning.

Wolfenstein? Only Wolfenstein? Too many sci-fi effects there IMO. What, another comet? :P

So is the new Wolfenstein another re-make or a sequel? Or another side story to the first one.

printz said:

Wolfenstein? Only Wolfenstein? Too many sci-fi effects there IMO. What, another comet? :P

This still seems tame to some of the shit that was in the first one.

Wolfenstein has always been about Sci-fi and occult. So I don't understand what you're gabbing about.

It's a continuation of RTCW as I understand it.

Wolfenstein: Trailer too much of a teaser to give me an impression of how the game will play. It looks quite "waxy" so I'm guessing it's the Doom3 engine? I know that it's the very nature of Wolfenstein, but I actually prefer my WWII shooters to have reasonably a believable story and tech etc for the time. The whole zombie experimentation, scantily-clad witches, ninja Nazi-bitches thing detracted from what would have been a pretty good "Where Eagles Dare" WWII shooter for me with RTCW. But, like I said, I know that's not really what Wolf is about. And the catacombs were pretty creepy IMO.

Rage: Does indeed look pretty and the shot of the vehicle looks cinematic. Again, just a teaser so not enough gameplay to let me know if it will be fun or not. I'm intrigued by it though.

Singularity: Oh gno, the UAC... ummm... Black Mesa.... Ummm... some naughty scientists have screwed things up again. Again, just a teaser so I can't really get an impression of how much fun it will be. It looks like it could be interesting.

kristus said:

Wolfenstein has always been about Sci-fi and occult. So I don't understand what you're gabbing about.

I'm gabbing that the special effects are too flashy in that teaser. Under half-historic occult games like Wolfenstein, they could be subtler.

Curious if the plain and simple Wolfenstein name will stay. ;)

Return to Castle Wolfenstein might not have been perfect but it shits all over most of the modern halo clones out nowadays. I would love a sequel, but Raven hasn't made a good FPS since the first elite force.