Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
t.v.

Plutonia2: Looking for midi-musicians!!!

We of the Plutonia2 team are making great progress with mapping, but now we are looking for music to go with the maps.
We want original quality midi's.

If you are a musician interested in participating please let us know!

For more on the project please visit our website.

I've said I'd be more than happy to join your team (in my MIDI Collection thread). I'd need to know what kind of stuff you'd like from me first, of course. :P I love the original Plutonia so contributing to this project should be fantastic. Thanks for your offer!

we need songs for 32 maps, so it doesn't hurt to ask for more help :-).

I'd be happy to help out here, though as I've never made midis specifically for Doom before, not sure how I'll go. If you want some examples of my midis you can go here.

I'll help out. However, if you want ultra technical progressive 17-minute 35-tempo-changes-per-measure super-odd-time-signatures midis, I'll pass. :P

Count me in. I've made MIDI music for Doom before (see CC3 MAP15/MAP27 and YEAR_21.WAD,) and I always wondered if I could contribute MIDIs to a project of this scale...

Julian Hope said:
Is it a choice to limit music to midis only?

The limit is because Plutonia 2 is Doom v1.9 compatible.

myk said:

The limit is because Plutonia 2 is Doom v1.9 compatible.

Silly me :/

Hmm. I might get in on this. Can you give any pointers as to what mood you're looking for?

The Plutonia 2 group site said:

Re: New MUSIC thread
I sent an invite to Jimmy91.

Did you? I looked over my inboxes and didn't see one...

I have been having problems with e-mails lately...

I sent it to Hotmail. Perhaps it went to the "spam" folder?

Can you give any pointers as to what mood you're looking for?

Well, we haven't decided on any specific style.
Just make anything you think goes well with what you see on the screenshots. Anything agressive/ creepy/ mysterious/ heroic will do :-)

If you have something please let us know and we'll listen to it.

myk said:

I sent it to Hotmail. Perhaps it went to the "spam" folder?

Nope.

Are you sure you got the address right? (That was the problem last time, it's dot com, not dot co dot uk. I wouldn't know what the problem was otherwise.)

You could send an e-mail to myk (the adress is under his post), so he can reply to that. This way he will surely get it right.

just trying to help :-)

Jimmy91 said:
I wouldn't know what the problem was otherwise.

Yeah, I think I forgot to confirm it; the invitation should be on its way now.

Yep, I got it. It showed up in my junk folder. XP

Applying to the group now.

Welcome in the team Jimmy, I hope you'll enjoy working with us :)

Jimmy91, you didn't show up in the members list yet... Check the invitation message, as maybe something went wrong in your first try.

The message you sent got to me but not the group. I'll forward it to the group so the others can see it.

Thanks, I noticed I'd sent that to the wrong address. :P

Also, I just made an account with Yahoo Groups but I'm having trouble verifying it. Bear with me...

EDIT: Okay, that wasn't the problem but I should be a member of the group now. :D

How much time are you looking for and what atmosphere?

I'm a huge musician in real life and can make complex MIDI's, or really simple catchy midi's.

Just looking at what you are hunting after. I'd need to see the level and get an atmosphere.
Or if you want, I can submit a blind thing.

** Don't count on me though, since I've got a lot of stuff in real life with music going on lol...

To be a bit in this spirit, you can submit complete versions of the unfinished midis released by romero a year ago, or make few remixes of them.

The Green Herring said:

Count me in. I've made MIDI music for Doom before (see CC3 MAP15/MAP27 and YEAR_21.WAD,) and I always wondered if I could contribute MIDIs to a project of this scale...

Hey TGH, we have discussed your integration in our team. We think you are talented enough for musics and why not an ENDOOM screen and beta-testing stuff.
Please send me your email adress by PM and then I'll send you an invite :)

K!r4 said:

Hey TGH, we have discussed your integration in our team. We think you are talented enough for musics and why not an ENDOOM screen and beta-testing stuff.
Please send me your email adress by PM and then I'll send you an invite :)

I already received an invite from myk earlier this morning at 1:24 AM PDT, and I accepted it. As of about an hour ago, I've uploaded a song to the PL2 group, and hope to create and post some more in the future. :)

It'll be great working with you guys, I'm sure!

Well, I have experience with midi mapping. Though I am not quite sure I could make enough midis for 32 maps XP. If you would like any of my help, PM me and I might make you a couple.

We don't need to replace every music, few maps can keep plutonia original musics, few can be used for two maps, ect...