Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cybermaarten

Graphic glitches in Doom Builder's 3d mode

Hi,

I'm experiencing some graphic glitches, like solid-coloured planes, black stripes and such in 3d mode in Doom Builder. See the image below, the light brown plane, and the black stripes in the blood floor.

Do you know what might cause this, and what solves it? Is it my graphics card? DirectX? The 3D processor? a doom builder bug?

It happens in all maps that I make, whenever the sector is getting complex (read: all the time :)). In ZDoom it looks fine.

Thanks for the help!

This happens all the time to me as well. I believe it's a bug on the part of Doom Builder because, as I understand it, a lot of people have this happen. This being the case, I don't think that you can get rid of the stripes.

The solid-colored planes are likely a driver issue. Make sure everything on your machine is up-to-date. The black holes is a common glitch, it is because the algorithm that creates polygons for the (sub)sectors isn't perfect. Usually, moving a nearby vertex fixes it.

I've downloaded the latest driver for my graphics card and the problem remains...
Interesting to know might that if I first go into 3d mode, it's okay, but as soon as I start moving around, the solid coloured planes appear... sounds like some buffer is overflowing, or memory is full... hmmm

I experience this when certain times i draw a sector, then i go in 3d mode; then i draw another in the near part of it, and the coloured plane disappears...

it seems like alot of the time the problem comes when you moved verticies with grid snap off. turn snap on and move nearby vertices to snap on like a 4 unit grid. sometimes that fixes it.

<--lol registered just to make one post. that was years ago. i dont know why i registered :P