Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KuriKai

dhtp (doom hires texture pack) 20080808 Released

84MB is a hefty file size for a texture pack. I'm downloading now, and am about 30% done. Will send you feedback once I've had a chance to check them out.

On a related note, perhaps you ought to put up a few more pics comparing the original textures to your hi-res versions. I only saw 2 pics on the main page to which you linked. (However, I did find a link to other pics on your forums.)

[EDIT: I just opened the file I had downloaded for GZDooM, and saw that the data folder was for jDooM. Now perhaps both the ports use the same textures, but please clarify.]

[EDIT: I noticed the images are in .png format, which is supported by GZDooM. And the few images that I saw looked very nice.]

[EDIT: I looked over a whole bunch of the pictures, and I must say the collection is spectacular. I did notice, however, that you did not have the ZZZFACEx textures in the collection for ZDooM, but I noticed on your forums that they are available for other source ports. I also noticed that one of the textures in the doom2-plut collection has odd dimensions - a-brick1 is 700*700.]

I think it would be cool to have all the skulltag texture's too I everytime I play skulltag I see old pixelated texture's even the linear doesn't help that much you should make all the addtionel skulltag textures too is what im saying

Wow, It's great to see this out. I'd like to submit some textures to this at some point, because I am a texture artist.

(sniper) 109 said:

pixelated texture's even the

You used an apostrophe wrong.

(sniper) 109 said:

I think it would be cool to have all the skulltag texture's too I everytime I play skulltag I see old pixelated texture's even the linear doesn't help that much you should make all the addtionel skulltag textures too is what im saying

hey guys, you haven't made 5000 hi-res versions of doom textures already, can you make all the ripped quake and hexen and nick baker textures too???? there are only like 50 times as many of them!!!

ReX said:

84MB is a hefty file size for a texture pack. I'm downloading now, and am about 30% done. Will send you feedback once I've had a chance to check them out.

not very hefty when it contains flats and walls for doom, doom2 and final doom

[EDIT: I just opened the file I had downloaded for GZDooM, and saw that the data folder was for jDooM. Now perhaps both the ports use the same textures, but please clarify.]

gzdoom uses the jdoom texture pack version

[EDIT: I looked over a whole bunch of the pictures, and I must say the collection is spectacular. I did notice, however, that you did not have the ZZZFACEx textures in the collection for ZDooM, but I noticed on your forums that they are available for other source ports. I also noticed that one of the textures in the doom2-plut collection has odd dimensions - a-brick1 is 700*700.] [/B]

if you can make a good looking set of zzzface textures I will include them in the pack
[quote](sniper) 109 said:
I think it would be cool to have all the skulltag texture's too I everytime I play skulltag I see old pixelated texture's even the linear doesn't help that much you should make all the addtionel skulltag textures too is what im saying[quote]not going in this pack