Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
esselfortium

Crashes with large texture wads - fixable?

Recently I've been working on a certain project with a 35mb resource wad. There are nearly 500 flats and more than 3600 texture1 entries. Doom Builder regularly chokes on this, resulting in frequent crashes.

I don't have the necessary tools to mess with the DB source myself, nor do I really know what I would actually be able to do if I had them, so I'm wondering if anyone who's worked with the Doom Builder source thinks it would be possible to give it more texture memory, or whatever texture-related issue the problem is.

Would a fix be possible at all, or is it some major complicated bug that's only manifested when using large wads and that can't really be improved?

Wow, would you mind sharing those textures with me? I am getting more and more frusturated with the lack of textures for Doom.

esselfortium said:

Recently I've been working on a certain project with a 35mb resource wad. There are nearly 500 flats and more than 3600 texture1 entries.

KDiKDiZD?

If the levels' texture themes vary enough you could split the resource WAD accordingly (kind of like Quake has episode-based texture sets).