Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RobMcKay

Weird Doom Dream I had is the reason Im back here.

Well the reason I came back here is because 2 hours ago I awoke from a really weird dream. I was the doom guy in a really shit hard doom level. Jesus it was a nightmare setting literary! The level was like so fucking huge packed with all the enemies and about a million Cyberdemon’s. Ammo was sparse and some how I was being able to dodge the many Cyberdemon rockets aimed at me. In a stroke of pure genius I drew the fire from the Cybers and there rockets to help me take out the other enemies. Jesus there must have been well over 1000! I entered another huge cavern with many pillars to one side and ran to collect health but was ambushed by about 5 Arch Viles I was just about to get to a BFG when the shit got too thick and I had to leg it. I stepped onto a teleporter which took me to the upper part of the cavern were thankfully there was a shotgun and a ton of shells. I collected that and spent the rest of the dream running around pumping Cacodemons with hot pellets and even having a go at the Spider Mastermind with my trusted shotgun. I was awoken from my violent bliss by my dad who shouted, “Gary wake up you lazy little bastard its 5pm” After I woke up I was like wow that was so real! Having to run about shooting up all that hell spawn. Then I knew it was time to get back to doom. So here I am back at doomworld and currently downloading a new wad to try out. Weird. Anyone else had any doom related dreams like that?

yeah, in my dream I had an idea for a map. I remember everything in it too.

I mapped it 2 days ago.

wierd shit...

my project partner had the same thing too.

Yeah, I have one of those weird dreams too. Like Deathman, some inspire me to create new maps.

The level was like so fucking huge packed with all the enemies...
Ammo was sparse...
I entered another huge cavern with many pillars to one side...
...ambushed by about 5 Arch Viles I was just about to get to a BFG...
I stepped onto a teleporter which took me to the upper part of the cavern were thankfully there was a shotgun and a ton of shells...
...running around pumping Cacodemons...
...having a go at the Spider Mastermind...

Damn... This sounds like a good idea for a speedmap. :P

I could learn to map but I don't have the patience. It was very hellish and medieval huge big cavererns like the pit of hell its self. Lol I thought it was so funny how I could somehow dodge all that firepower when in reality if you were in a wad like that you would be dead in 2 seconds flat! Aren't dreams so odd. Its so weird I could feel the fear of doomguy it was amazing!

I don't think i've had more than one doom dream. I teamed up with the zombies agains the demons.

only Doom dream I have that I can remember was way back in '94 before Doom2 had even come out.

By the time I mapped it it looked lame and outa date. It was just a rectangular outside room with a really thin ledge round the outside, and somewhere tehre was a really long path with health bonuses leading to a Baron and a plasma gun. That was one of my origional Doom experiences.

I had about 4 or 5 but I don't feel like detailing them for the 15th time in the last 3 months.

Did I ever say COECITS is inspired from a dream I had?

I probably didn't, because it's not true.

I had about 4 or 5 but I don't feel like detailing them for the 15th time in the last 3 months.

Yay! Finaly someone else agrees with me!

Funny... doom and red alert are the only games i ever had dreams about. red aleart one was really wired. i was standind right in front of my troops and using my curser (wich was hovering in the air) to movie them around.

my doom dreams arn't anywere near as cool.

the only doom dream i had was this 1 sector level which was all SFALL1 and SLIME1. it had a cyb and a spiderdemon, and no matter how hard i tried (BFG), i couldn't kill it, but i had godmode. to be honest, it was kinda like a nightmare.

Did I ever say COECITS is inspired from a dream I had?

I probably didn't, because it's not true.

actually, you did say that.

Uh maybe, but it wasn't from a dream anyway.

What's weird though, now that this topic is up, I did actually dream about a level this night. It was the Mordeth level I'm going to make (no spoilage/illegal preview ahead, this is just from the dream and there's no way I'm going to use any of it). It started off as a mansion, from which there were two passages. The two passages lead to two different areas - one with a city theme and one with a cave theme. These were like two separate levels in one, you had to chose which way you'd like to take at the start. Wicked :P

Uh maybe, but it wasn't from a dream anyway.

What's weird though, now that this topic is up, I did actually dream about a level this night. It was the Mordeth level I'm going to make (no spoilage/illegal preview ahead, this is just from the dream and there's no way I'm going to use any of it). It started off as a mansion, from which there were two passages. The two passages lead to two different areas - one with a city theme and one with a cave theme. These were like two separate levels in one, you had to chose which way you'd like to take at the start. Wicked :P

if that qualifies a doom dream, i've had quite a few.

Then I don't see your original point.

I said:

"I don't think i've had more than one doom dream. I teamed up with the zombies agains the demons."

but i forgot all those "level visions" i've had.

Yeh , funny

Help! Dashiva's imitating Pritch!

huh?

I see it. Justice must be done...

Yes, swift kick to the groin justice

RobMcKay: actually, I would quite like to have such a dream as you described - just to find out what it's like actually being the Doomguy.

RobMcKay: actually, I would quite like to have such a dream as you described - just to find out what it's like actually being the Doomguy.

such dreams rock. I've had a couple of those, tho not doom related.