Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

The Mummy 3, is it any good?

I loved The Mummy and The Mummy Returns, but this new Mummy film looks like its nothing like the first 2, as it takes place in Asia with dragons and snowmen and what not. Is the movie good?

Can those that have seen the movie comment on this thread? I want to know if its worth my money to go see it. :)

hardcore_gamer said:

I loved The Mummy and The Mummy Returns, but this new Mummy film looks like its nothing like the first 2, as it takes place in Asia with dragons and snowmen and what not. Is the movie good?

Can those that have seen the movie comment on this thread? I want to know if its worth my money to go see it. :)

Seen it the other week, its meh, but still makes a good popcorn flick.

I liked the first two because of the action and humor in it, I haven't seen part 3 yet but I would like to.I think it would be worth the money considering that you loved the first two.

kristus said:

Don't forget the epic anal ejaculation that was the Scorpion king.

Mmmmmmm i liked that movie as well, not as much as The Mummy movies though.

The first mummy movie might have been decent if it didn't wuss out so much. The others just sucked.

Technician said:

I hated the first two.

Seconded.

kristus

There's actually a sequel being made to it X_X

Without The Rock, no less...

like having him was a good thing (it's not!) but making a sequel about his character without him? oh god is the sequel going to suck.

probably will end up as a direct-to-video.

...or end up following such other awesomeness as Batman & Robin.

Bouncy said:

Without The Rock, no less...

like having him was a good thing (it's not!) but making a sequel about his character without him? oh god is the sequel going to suck.

probably will end up as a direct-to-video.

...or end up following such other awesomeness as Batman & Robin.

It is straight-to-vid. Saw an ad for it today on the tube and God I feel bad for any poor soul forced to watch that hopeless crap

Bouncy said:

Yea The Rock is pretty much the man. You must be watching something else.

Anyway, Mummy 3 was the worst of the three by far.

kristus said:

By far the most awesome sentence I have ever read.

I enjoyed both 1 & 2 - had no idea a third had been made.

Edit: Ergh, Rachel Weisz doesn't play Evie. Thats enough to put me off.

If you want to go to the cinema but have nothing else to see (batman, wall-e etc) try the mummy. It sucks but it's mostly entertaining. Already said a million times but the first two piss all over this one.

Less China more egypt I say.

Cutman said:

If you want to go to the cinema but have nothing else to see (batman, wall-e etc) try the mummy. It sucks but it's mostly entertaining. Already said a million times but the first two piss all over this one.

Less China more egypt I say.

China? China??

What the hell is China doing in this movie??

Hey I know. Lets set the sequel to "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" in, say, downtown Baghdad. Or maybe we could set the next Terminator film in, ummmm, India. "I am being very sorry sir, but I am promising to be back."

"Kill Bill III: Arctic Adventure", anyone?

Mummies are all over the world. China, Peru, England, U.S.A., etc. It's not just an Egyptian phenomenon.

Danarchy said:

Mummies are all over the world. China, Peru, England, U.S.A., etc. It's not just an Egyptian phenomenon.

Thats true, besides they probably ran out of ideas that could work in Egypt so they moved the setting some place else. Like China!

For me, this was the typical movie to take a funny moment with friends, but i wont pay the cinema admission to watch that again.

The worst of the movie?: too imaginative, not in the feeling of Mummy 1 & 2, i think it becomes boring from the second half part of the film...

The best of the movie?: that asian chick. She is really pretty. lol

The best part of the movie was the end text just before the credits!

Btw the emporer and his men don't actually turn out to even BE mummies! They were just turned to stone by woman's curse at the start of the movie. They could have just picked out another Egypt mummy.

I thought that the new Hulk would be out by now, but i couldnt see it on the list and didnt fancy Wall-E at that moment in time, so went for this instead. I, uh, liked the cars in it?