Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mik57

Continuously healing room

In ZDoom, use "Player Enters Sector" and "Player Leaves Sector" things that control scripts. PES activates the script that gives the player health, and PLS terminates it. As for the script itself, try this

script 1 (void)
{
   HealThing (1);
   Delay (2);
   restart;
}
If you aren't using ZDoom, then I don't know. You have to be using a port with scripting of some type.

Mik57 said:

It wont compile. Says 'healthing' is used but not defined.

btw, thx for helping

Have you tried updating the ACS compiler? (I think its ACC.exe, been awhile since I've scripted anything)

You could do this with a voodoo doll, a dynamic floor scrolling action and an extremely long corridor full of health bonuses. :)

Creaphis said:

You could do this with a voodoo doll, a dynamic floor scrolling action and an extremely long corridor full of health bonuses. :)

That's for boom compatible engines.

For doom.exe, you can make a fake water effect containing lots of medkits.

Well, Im making a map for the zdoom wars mod. There will be certain areas that help your health recharge.

Just to get it straight: I don´t know diddley-squad about mapping!

But i remember encountering something similar to what you describe, in Rex Claussens "The Darkest Hour" TC.

The socalled "Bacta Tanks": (from the DH Gameplay.txt)

"Later in the game you will come across Bacta Tanks, which provide full health. Just drop into the tank, and your health will gradually increase. You will need to reach the bottom of the tank, and may need to move around a little. Don't stay under water too long as you'll start to "drown" and lose health. Each tank is single-use only, so wait until you are really low on health before jumping in."

Seemingly not far from what Karnizero mentioned...

Maybe Rex will let you in on how it was made or perhaps you could check it out for yourself with some doombuilder-thingy? Apparently, according to the .txt, you may modify or reuse the content as you please.

Hope that´s helpful. Enough.

alright, thx. I accidentally forgot to add zcommon at the beginning, and now it works. Thx for the help guys.