Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kyka

Q3A Pro in action.

Ok, ok, ok. So I loooove Q3A. Played it far too much. Spent hours practicing it every day, played the odd competition, actually did not bad at a few of them. But I sure wasn't at this standard.

But if you want to see a real pro... well this is it. The speed and fluidity of the weapon changes especially is impressive, and some of the rails and rocket kills this guy pulls off are insane. I admit that it is a montage, and let's face it, if you play often enough, you will pull the odd freaky moment, and if you put all of them together, you can still make yourself look pretty good. But I defy anyone to do some of this stuff even by sheer luck.

Best moments(if you don't wanna sit through the entire thing) are 6:30-7:15, and 9:10 onwards.

Enjoy!!

My first thought was "A quake montage... of course it immediately beings with Rammstein." :)

pfft 'pro' players, so pro they need help from vertex light (aka convenient disable-all-the-shadows feature, meant for old 1 tmu cards) and fullbright skins as well as physics exploits from achieving certain framerates (333fps). That's like taking performance enhancing drugs to professional sports games. Now that says alot about their skill.

If all the opponents have a similar config it's not the same problem.
It's like saying that improving a Formula 1 (respecting the rules) is cheating.

You know I have just re-discovered my love for Quake 3 Arena this week. I found myself a Mac cd and have been player religiously. Too bad no one still plays Team Arena.

Actually, Q3A on the Dreamcast is quite possibly the greatest console FPS ever made IMO. It plays very well indeed and the control system is perfect. I am able to pull of pretty much any manoeuvre that I am able to on the PC but I still find a mouse more immediate.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I dunno; there's something about using X,Y,A,B to move/strafe and the analog stick to look around, L to jump and R to fire that just seems to work for Dreamcast shooters. I have no idea what you're talking about, MikeRS; I play UT and Q3A constantly on my Dreamcast. Hell, because of the control scheme, I even went back and played through the original Quake on DC.