Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

The first shot has a Mesoamerican look about it - very nice. In the third shot - looks like you've found the termites that had chewed their way through previous screenies.

GreyGhost said:

The first shot has a Mesoamerican look about it - very nice. In the third shot - looks like you've found the termites that had chewed their way through previous screenies.

Thanks for the comments GreyGhost. And you remembered about the termites!! 'Course, cacodemons make awful big termites. "Cacomites" perhaps. :)

dutch devil said:

I'm updating an old E1M3 remake of mine, progress is around 50% done so far.

I like the look of these screenies Dutch, especially the first one. I like the missing tiles with the Pink goo texture showing through. That texture in the background, the COMPWERD looks especially good. Did you put the pink goo texture there yourself, or is it a custom texture?

I'm not using any custom resources for this map, I'm just being creative with the doom textures :p

[edit]Its 99% stock resources I do use an few custom grate textures.

Wow, great shots there essel :)

Gotta love them vaderslopes yes you do <3

Heh, looks more like vertex slopes though

Mechadon said:

Gotta love them vaderslopes yes you do <3

Well anyways, here's a duel map I started and finished today. Layout took about 15 minutes and detailing took about 4 hours:

Looks cool! Good job!

Vader said:

Wow, great shots there essel :)

Heh, looks more like vertex slopes though

Thanks! :D

And those are actually all just plane_align triangles, since this project has to be compatible with the current ZDoom and Skulltag releases.

Nice. Some notes:

Screenshot 4 could use some light color breakup. The computer panel walls could have its own color, and could use a strip of lights alongside the floor against the wall to give it a little more glow (See Outpost Omega to see where I am getting at).

The ceiling and floor color could use its own colors (one for the ceiling and one for the floor. Both using the same colors doesn't give it a whole lot of depth).

The fading on the colors doesn't look very noticable on a lot of areas, perhaps toning down either the top/bottom seg colors to make them stand out.

Other than that I like what I see.

ps. Needs more Sporkmaps.

esselfortium said:

A little ZDoom DM map I'm working on for the YEDS "The Great Outdoors" project.

Holy shit this looks sweet, nice piece of work Essel.

Sporky returns to mapping whoohoo.

Nice screens mechadon, I never imagined a desert theme to use CEMENT textures in, it came out very good. Well done!

Two shots from my Weapon mod:

Saw launcher. It's a cool weapon because it bouces off walls.

Ligtning gun, still need a good zapping sound, and railgun as alternative fire.

I've got also more weapons like UniNuke(It's not connected with UniDoom) and Tachion Gun(Throws static balls that are like BFG).

And freeze+fly combination:

Kaiser said:

Nice. Some notes:

Screenshot 4 could use some light color breakup. The computer panel walls could have its own color, and could use a strip of lights alongside the floor against the wall to give it a little more glow (See Outpost Omega to see where I am getting at).

Better?

AgentSpork said:

Yes :D

And now nitpick ahoy. The top seg color in the sector with the floor lights could be made slightly more darker. Also the red ceiling is sticking out like a sore thumb. I would suggest changing the color to somewhat match the overall color theme for everything else.

dutch devil said:

80% done I still have an couple of cool ideas which I want to put in, it has something to do with eyes :p

Somehow the map really makes me think of E1, especially E1M1. Maybe it's just me :P

TomoAlien said:

Ligtning gun, still need a good zapping sound, and railgun as alternative fire.

lightning gun is a good alt fire for plasma, i think. my favorite weapon in quake, i always wanted to have this in doom. if the zapping sound from the various quake games is not good enough, try ripping sounds from movies, like the scene where the terminators arrive.

esselfortium said:

Looks nice, Dutch. I especially like the ripped-out tiles revealing snakes around the teleport in the fourth shot. Cool stuff :)

Thanks watch your step around those teleporters :p those things are all over the map.There are loads of traps on places where you would not expect them.

Torr Samaho said:

lightning gun is a good alt fire for plasma, i think. my favorite weapon in quake, i always wanted to have this in doom. if the zapping sound from the various quake games is not good enough, try ripping sounds from movies, like the scene where the terminators arrive.

I had a bad one, i updated it, now it has a better lightning sound.
Well, it won't replace plasma rifle, it's and addon that add weapons and does not override old ones. You can use my weapons in your wad but you must give me credit.

A map that I am making for the Zdoom Wars project.

One of the main bases, Ruins of a medieval castle, restored for some reason (Storyline hint):

A Camp opposite of the castle, more towers and such to occupy with monsters:

This is what my skulltag looks like.I am an addon freak,I even made a mix of all my favorite hires textures from the new dhtp and the old dhtp which you can get on the r3d page,the old one has some pretty nice textures so I just mixed my favorites into a pack.I also use my hires hud weapons and r3d hires font plus sambo's soundpack and all my favorite mp3 versions of original doom songs.so yeah I got one hell of a good looking skulltag.