Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CeeJay

Psychotic Lands (psychot.zip)

As you all know, through the years there been thousands of WADs made and released for Doom and Doom 2. And as maybe some of you may not know, some of or a lot of these have also unfortunaly been lost. Now, some of the really old ones doesn't matter much because, well, most of the old ones are not very memoriable.

Anyways, to the point. I had a CD issued along with a PC magazine long ago i can't remember the name of (i think it was back in 1995 or 1996), featuring 100s of new(ish) WADs of the time. Now of course most of them didn't really stuck on my mind, and most of the ones that did are featured in the idgames archive. But there is one which i have been relentlessly searching for for years with no results (that CD i spoke of was broken beyond repair the last time i saw it, it's lost now). It was a megawad consisting of about 10-or-there-abouts quite well-made levels (for the time anyways). The name of it was Psychotic Lands i believe and the filename of the ZIP was psychot.zip. Does this ring any bells to anybody here? Does anybody have it lying about somewhere?

I'll keep an eye out for it and ask around.My dad's still a big doom player and he has an ungodly amount of wads that he's had for ages.If he has it I'll have him send it to me and I'll put it up on the IDgames website.

No luck,he didn't have it at all but he said he'd look back at his backup discs.Hopefully those aren't corrupted since they haven't seen the light of day for years.

Yeah, that's a problem with CDs containing packed archives. After several years they are likely to get corrupt. I have a couple where many of the files are corrupt.

Grazza said:

Were the levels modified versions of Doom2 maps?

Well, no, i'm pretty sure they aren't. It was a long time ago i played them and i was but a wee lad. The first level was a round(ish) room with multiple doors each leading to a diffrent room (of diffrent shape) filled with monsters (each with diffrent types of monsters). If you made a noise (fire a weapon) all the monsters at once would hear it and come out after you. It came with a demo (an external LMP file if i remember correctly) and this was the level that played. That's about all i remember, except for some other fragmented pieces of memory.

Damn,I talked to my dad but he said that he got rid of all the floppies that had the wads on there(also a few zip disks)