Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

kinda good
the attention to detail is nice-you don't get the same old generic buildings, and there's a few new enemies-the plasma guy android guy

although I'm playing this in Doomsday, it should be good in vanilla doom

just thought I'd post this in case anyone was bored and looking for something good to play

you can find Neo Doom at: http://www.brdoom.com/daniel/projetos_english.htm

Big Bear Burp

Crap,talk about weird.I dissected that wad to just use the weapons,inv,and enemies...I've been looking for it since it will no longer run with the map set.
that link you posted is dead though,do you have another?

Link fixed in the original post. It's a good idea to copy/paste URLs rather than typing them, and to test them too.

i've been playing neo doom for, i think, 2 years and i have yet to complete it...
it just keeps losing my interest.

Sounds like me and Eternal Doom,I've gotten to the very last level and had my computer crash on me.
I think something doesn't want me to beat eternal doom.

The Lag said:

i've been playing neo doom for, i think, 2 years and i have yet to complete it...

Yeah same here, the maps all seem to run together and all have very similar gameplay. Otherwise no, it's not a bad wad by any means. Daniel is still a douche though.

The Lag said:

Actually the opposite for me. I played it in JDoom too, and I didnt want to quit until I beat it. But I also dissected the wad too and found loads of data that was never used. I guess playing it in different ports gave you different features? I wasn't able to get it to run in ZDoom though.

I didn't really dig some of the new stuff in it though, for example, if the regular shotgun was replaced with the SSG, and the SSG replaced with the Quad Shotgun, I would have been more satisfied. But fighting monsters without a supershotgun was quite a change for me at the time, and took a while to get used to.

Some of the new monsters were lame. The Android thing had way too much health IMO. and that Vixen was so lame. The maps were sweet nonetheless though. Especially the cities.

I have somewhat mixed emotions regarding NeoDooM.

Nice detail everywhere and the inventory functions (the ones i could get to work. Got it to run in zdoom, could that be the cause?) were really cool and added to the gameplay.
The new sounds, weapons, monsters and stuff (literally) blew me away, but the textfile does not lie, when it states; that no matter how low a skill you choose, the level of difficulty will steadily rise... TO A LEVEL OF VIRTUAL INSANITY!!! =_0

I wish, i wish i hadn´t wished for more rocketzombies in KDiZD, because they seem to have turned up in NeoDooM.
Lost interrest in trying to complete it, due to the fact that from around level 5, the gameplay is like Alien Vendetta +level 25...and then some...

Are we discussing a new NeoDoom or is this just the old project that has been around for some time? I just wondered because it seems odd that an old project would have a new thread like this.

Anyway, if it's the old one - it's certainly a mod that I like. :)

If it's a new one... uh, I guess I missed a memo or something. :/

Old.

I managed to miss Use3d's earlier statement of "Danial is still a douche though"

Why is that?

Maybe ticked-off for not rating a mention in the Neo Doom credits? Come to think of it - Daniel's posts remind me of another controversial Doomworld member.

Use3D said:

Daniel is still a douche though.

Heh, that's a nice way of putting it, comparing it to the most caustic of insults I've heard against Daniel-- that being "Your dick isn't worth the flesh".

For the unititiated: Daniel was somewhat of a pompous ass that had a bad temper, which, in one of his tantrums, spammed Doomworld admins with profanity and statements in broken english. He also wrote a rant on the Zdoom forums entirely in Latin which several forumers afterwards called him a misogynist. He might be banned from there, I'm not sure.

I tried playing this wad but the large amount of vixens on some maps really put me off. I found it extremely tedious to sit there for a long period of time fighting one vixen with relatively weak weapons. A vixen having way more health than even a cyberdemon, I expect a bfg if there are going to be 5 to 10 of them on a level. Fighting 1 or maybe 2 is ok with a plasma rifle or rocket launcher, if there are enough other monsters to make the level varied, but.. yawn

@Csonicgo:Sounds like he has a problem with an overinflated Ego.
@Spleen:I thought the same...I'm sitting there blasting demons and shit and BAM! there's some 20 ft tall super dommie fucking me up like you wouldn't believe.I mean I would understand it more if it was some kinda Demoness or something.

It's especially weird when you consider that, in Redneck Rampage, the Vixens were human-sized and not all that tough. They were sorta like Hell Knights, but with teleport-kicking.

But then, there's very little in NeoDoom that does make sense.

Haloless0320 said:

@Spleen:I thought the same...I'm sitting there blasting demons and shit and BAM! there's some 20 ft tall super dommie fucking me up like you wouldn't believe.I mean I would understand it more if it was some kinda Demoness or something.

It's more the health of them that put me off. I don't mind having to avoid lots of powerful attacks as much as I mind having to sit there grinding away at 20,000 health with average weapons. If it's a level boss then it's ok (even then I prefer that they have just a little less health if I dont get uber weapons) if the level itself was good, but having to do it to the same kind of monster over and over just got boring.

It was the monster itself that put me off.I don't mind struggling a bit,I just would rather see the Dommie replaced with something that fits doom more.

True-that Dommie was very very hard (damn near impossible) to kill
luckily I engaged the infinite ammo thing for jDoom

and yes, the difficult got ramped up steeply, from--kinda hard to
OMG how do you expect anyone to survive this

I thought it was worth a play, though, but the SSG did kinda suck

BBB

Check your options or launch parameters if you don't have "No Monsters" or "-nomonsters" set. How do you launch the wad, anyway?