Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

DS Homebrew: Datel Games n' Music, does a normal SD card work?

I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExUanqrMH38

Does the new main menu show up as a result of the card he inserts not being the same as other SD cards, or is it just some software on the card it self that allows that guy to do all of that?

If it's just some software then does that mean i could just go into the next store and buy a SD card that fits into my DS and put the software needed on it? I really want Doom on my DS:)

I was not sure if it was correct to post this here or in the Doom general forum, so plz don't flame me if this thread belongs in Doom general.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

The DS does not use SD cards regardless. Datel dumps their software to .NDS files and leaves it up to the end-user to get it on a card form-factor that fits the adapter.

Amy bought the m3 and it's pretty slick. You have to buy a micro SD card to go with it, but it snaps into the card and the card goes into the Game slot. It comes with a microSD to USB converter so you can just put the roms right on the SD card and then on your DS. No cables needed.

Scuba Steve said:

Amy bought the m3 and it's pretty slick. You have to buy a micro SD card to go with it, but it snaps into the card and the card goes into the Game slot. It comes with a microSD to USB converter so you can just put the roms right on the SD card and then on your DS. No cables needed.

I already have a number of SD camera cards, if i read what you just said correctly, i only need to buy the right kind of a m3 card, and own a microSD card?

Also, on the site i just linked to, there are 3 cards, witch one do i need to play Doom/homebrew stuff on my DS?

Amy has the 'M3DS Real', so I can't say much for the others. If you already own a micro SD card, then you can just put that into the M3. My brother has a similar card and ran Doom Homebrew on it just fine... so it should work on the m3.

Scuba Steve said:

Amy has the 'M3DS Real', so I can't say much for the others. If you already own a micro SD card, then you can just put that into the M3. My brother has a similar card and ran Doom Homebrew on it just fine... so it should work on the m3.

But how can i put data on the micro SD card? I have a normal SD card that my laptop can read, but i don't know about these micro SD cards. What devices can read micro SD cards besides cameras?

some micro SD cards come with a micro SD to SD adaptor. you just insert the micro SD card into it and it works like a regular SD card. the only problem might be if you get a micro SDHC(anything over 2 gb). while the m3 real supports them, not all SD devices/readers do.

I use a CycloDS Evolution for my DS Homebrew. It uses a Micro SD card, and does come with a USB Reader for it, but it's crappy so I just use an SD Card Adapter. The adapter looks like the one pictured on this site.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134480

By the way, that's the Micro SD/SD Card Adapter combo that I use. It works great with the CycloDS Evolution. This device also supports Micro SDHC.

You can do one of the following Hardcore...

*You can use the card reader that comes with the REAL. Plug the Micro SD card into the reader and plug the reader into a USB slot.

* You can use your SD card reader. Put the microSD card into the SD Card reader and use it.

Scuba Steve said:

You can do one of the following Hardcore...

*You can use the card reader that comes with the REAL. Plug the Micro SD card into the reader and plug the reader into a USB slot.

* You can use your SD card reader. Put the microSD card into the SD Card reader and use it.

So a card reader ships with the card?