Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

Nukage hurting even with radiation suit

I've found a demo by me (recorded some months ago), in nomonsters, where I got hurt only once by a nukage in map29, even if I was wearing a radiation shielding suit.
I haven't searched, but is this bug well known, or common?
(I was playing with doom2.exe, and I will post the demo if requested)

I had known about the effect for a long time, but never realised it was a deliberate feature until now.

You learn something new everyday.

Thanks people. :)

Hm. That article states that in Heretic and Hexen certain flats will damage the player independently of the sector's effect. Is that true? In my experience, if you make a sector with type 0 and a lava floor in Heretic, then the floor will sizzle but leave the player unharmed.

No. Heretic and Hexen's terrain system didn't allow terrain-based damage. This was a feature first added in the zdoom source port, and also supported by Eternity.

Quasar said:

No. Heretic and Hexen's terrain system didn't allow terrain-based damage. This was a feature first added in the zdoom source port, and also supported by Eternity.

Not quite correct. Hexen did have terrain specific damage for the lava flat texture. Heretic didn't though.

The "Leaky Radiation Suit" part makes sense now. I used to notice that especially in the brown slime room in the middle of the Factory, that often even though I had the suit on, sometimes I would still take a hit or two or 20 damage, and always wondered why and thought it was a stupid glitch. Now it makes more sense...