Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

Fish Food

Hallibet,I think thats the only thing I can eat.People eat alot of catfish around here but that shit makes me sick.I do love calimari and octopus though

When I saw the thread's title I first thought of that: Fish food

I always gave those dried colored flakes to my goldfish, and bread to some larger fish in my grandparent's pond. I tasted the flakes myself, not bad at all!

On a sidenote, I had terrapins and terrapin food once, which is essentialy dried crustaceans, insects and small sea animals. Now, tasting that was a bit tougher...

AndrewB said:

Alabama and ecstasy in the same sentence means someone screwed up somewhere.

I would troll the hell out of this but it's just not fucking worth it. Let's Talk about where to eat fish, instead!

http://www.squidoo.com/diningontheisland I've been to about all of these. And these aren't even all of them.

Just North of Arbroath, Scotland, lies the village of Auchmithie. It was in this village the the "Arbroath smokie" was invented. In the village is a restaurant called "The But'n'Ben" where they serve smokie pancakes. These are large savoury pancakes rolled around flakes of smokie prepared in cream. Frankly, it is a meal worth killing for.

I love a good grilled salmon steak. Other favorites are pan-fried bluegill and grilled lemon pepper talapia. I don't really buy much else, although I have some breaded catfish nuggets and they are absolutely horrid. Wish I knew what I could season them with so they don't just rot in the freezer... :/

I prefer seafood more than any other animals really. Scallops, clams, shrimp, crab, lobster. It's all gold to me.

Fresh Halibut is really tasty! I haven't had that in a long time.... Love it grilled.

Haddock is very good baked in the oven with some cheese n onion on top or done up in Fish n Chip style... I don't go for the vinegar thing though as I prefer ketchup on me fries.

Mackerel is very good. Best I've had was wrapped up in foil with onions, some margarine and BBQ sauce and then cooked on the BBQ. Those were the smaller mackerel.... not the bigger ones.

Shrimp is awesome but I prefer the jumbo shrimp and not those tiny shrimp.

Love scallops and clams. Clam chowder!

Grilled salmon is great. I also like salmon in a nice bisque.

I really like tuna in sandwiches mixed up with some mayo. Tuna is also good in a casserole with noodles.... Tuna Casserole!

Salt cod made into fish cakes with onions and potatoes.... good stuff but I kinda crank a lot of ketchup on them. :p

I don't like mussels or lobster. I can tolerate some bits of lobster in a seafood chowder tho. I don't even want to go near sushi...

tuna's alright. i dont really like anythinng else.

Well when it comes to fried fish, I only like it fried in a thinner batter, not that real thick stuff. :(

Seafood is gross.

Fish can be tolerable because you can dress it up with batter (fish sticks), condiments and dressings (tuna "salad" or whatever that sandwich stuff is called), and there are a few that actually taste good (catfish, and once I had something that I remember being told was "bream" but I swear it tasted just like beef...), but in general they're just disgusting. Not to mention having to pick your way through and choke on the fucking bones... But sometimes I do wonder if I should look into various kinds of fish and see if there's anything I would like.

Non-fish seafood, on the other hand, is on another level entirely. I'm not going to eat fucking arthropods. I'm not going to crack a giant bug's kneecaps open and suck out the fluid or whatever I used to see people doing to crabs in restaurants. Or eat shrimp with their shit-filled intestine still attached and visible. Or smear a fish's reproductive refuse on a cracker... How people can eat while being around that shit--much less actually put it in their mouths--is beyond me.

I have a backbone. If you want to be eaten by me, you need to have had one too.

Homer: [eating, crying] Oh, man, that's good. [sob] Pass the
butter.
Bart: Are you gonna eat that all by yourself?
Homer: Uh-huh. Pinchy would've wanted it this way. My dear, sweet
Pinchy. [takes a bite] No more pain where you are now, boy.
[rips him in half and sucks out the meat inside]
Oh, God, that's tasty! I wish Pinchy were here to enjoy
this.
[takes more bites] Oh, Pinchy ...

exp(x) said:

I don't eat any seafood. It tastes like ass.

Csonicgo said:

Then you haven't had good seafood.

Or tasted very good ass

Richo Rosai said:

stuff

I'd be proud of a rant like that. :)

Shame I can't agree with most of it - except the hassle of avoiding fish bones bit. I had a fishbone stuck in my throat when I was a kid and now I'm hyper-picky when eating fish so it takes me a long time.

Non-fish seafood is excellent. I love munching on crustaceans and chomping down on shit-filled filter feeders. It's what makes the world go around. :D

Enjay said:

I'd be proud of a rant like that. :)

Thanks. I do my best, heh.

Of course it's only half-serious, though. In fact, in a way I truly regret having been irresponsibly raised such a selective and unhealthy eater (I never even tasted many common things like tomatoes or yogurt or cabbage until I was like 17), because of the at-least-10-or-so years it's bound to take off my life. Every few months I get some shrimp and make a serious attempt to expand my culinary horizons, but it always just makes me want to throw up.

Enjay said:

Shame I can't agree with most of it - except the hassle of avoiding fish bones bit. I had a fishbone stuck in my throat when I was a kid and now I'm hyper-picky when eating fish so it takes me a long time.

Agreed. I think fishbones were one of the reasons I could never get into fish before. That, and my mom insisted in using lemon-butter marinade on every fish she made, which after much more experience IMHO is the worst way to prepare fish. For some reason, all the fillet cuts we have at Red Lobster are boneless.

BTW, today is the start of Red Lobster's endless shrimp promotion.