Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

Action Doom 2 - Walkthrough, Secrets and Inside Jokes

I still curious as to how I'm supposed to get around this damned sniper who doesn't seem to want me on his farmland (can't find anywhere else to go)

EDIT: I also kinda took this as a reference to Grove, but I could be mistaken

Kirby said:

I still curious as to how I'm supposed to get around this damned sniper who doesn't seem to want me on his farmland (can't find anywhere else to go)

You have to move from hay bail to hay bail along towards the back left (from where you come in) of the field. There's a piece of fence missing some slats that you can walk through and progress forward

Kirby said:

I still curious as to how I'm supposed to get around this damned sniper who doesn't seem to want me on his farmland

It's easy. Just run from hay-bale to hay-bale. Run, get into cover, wait for his shot then run again. Just make sure you hide on the opposite side of the bale to where the sniper is. ;) You can get across the field pretty quickly. I think that little section may be one of my favourite bits. I don't know why. It's nothing too fancy but it just appeals to me somehow.

[edit]Dammit, beaten to it. ;) [/edit]

Ah, now I see! I had previously missed the missing slats and somehow thought I needed to make my way to the tree and kill the sniper first :P

On the final level, there's a room containing a katana and a bunch of moneybags that can be accessed by going through the second portal on the right when facing the Phylex boss's desk.

Oh, did anyone perchance notice the fully working and usable video poker & slot machines in the Phylex Building? I kinda wasted haf an hour there trying to win more points X-D

I read something in the readme about a secret Zombie Bonus level. Is it only with the commercial version?

Are there any other easter-egg levels? How do I get to the Pitfall minigame I heard about?

action doom2 is the scariest wad i ever played,because the goth/emo/punk girl doesn't fight the hooker or the construction worker,instead they all come after me,so that is a strange reality.

I alway's thought action doom 2 would be on phobo's (unless it was a prequel to doom1)but phobo's is not on mars (its on tei tenga) so I don't know what to think?Scuba steve you made action doom tell me what's going on.PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 questions and one general comment for Scuba.

1). Whats the highest max score you can get without gambling or cheating?

2). Whats the bonus maps/challenges and do they add on to the actual game?

For the General Public: Lol in the scary house when you see posters of the missing children and it has a picture of Scuba from age 10 and 15, along with some random girl with the name "Kim Possible".

Max score is random. Sometimes trashcans will drop more points for you to collect. My highest score so far, without gambling, is 2.5 million.

You'd have to buy it to find out :P

yes I'm serious,did you ever take the time to read the computer texture's? one time it said tei tenga so I googled it and it turned out to be a wiki page.And if it was mars wouldn't it have an orange sky?since when does mars have a white sky's and moutain's with greenery growing out of them.

(sniper) 109 said:

And if it was mars wouldn't it have an orange sky?since when does mars have a white sky's and moutain's with greenery growing out of them.

Doom didn't take place on mars. it took place on Phobos, a moon of mars

The Tei tenga on the textures was a oversight on id software's part.

InsanityBringer said:

The Tei tenga on the textures was a oversight on id software's part.

Yeah I can barely understand what Sniper is talking about but the tei tenga textures were from Tom Hall's old Doom design.

Isnt there some kind of contest going on to find the hidden bobblehead? Cause I just found it! woot!

Mik57 said:

Isnt there some kind of contest going on to find the hidden bobblehead? Cause I just found it! woot!

There's nine items you have to find. The bobblehead is one of them.

I got them. Im probably too late though.

EDIT: Nope, Im just in time. Im #3 in the contest, I believe.

(sniper) 109 said:

So does that mean that action doom is a prequel to doom1?

...no.

AD1 is not necessarily related to Doom 1 at all.

My eyes are still bleeding from the fact that you play Doom and didn't seem to know that Phobos is a real moon of Mars.

Found the 2d sidecrolling secret. once you cross the first river in the forest go to the right side of the forest and keep going foward then youl find a stump jump down it and there it is. ^^

Tormentor667 said:

Rapidshare anyone? :P

I've never cared what anyone does with my projects or resources... but somebody releasing the bonus content would actually piss me off.

zap610 said:

There was a contest? Where was it posted?

When you pick up the Action Doom box in the Phylex building, its pickup message contains the URL for the contest page.

Random "in-jokes":

In the gaybar, the "village guys" are forming the word "YMCA" with their hands (before you enter it and alert them).

Superpants hangs in the dry cleaner's and on a power line in MAP01.

The fountain on the top floor of Phylex has Dopefish gargoyles.

Head over to http://action.mancubus.net/ to download the fixed copy of Urban Brawl.

Changes include...
*User controlled subtitles for cutscenes
*Cutscene fix for people who were left with all black
*Complete removal of the black status bar
*Easier identification of Help Screen
*Fixed girder for the bridge
*Various other bugfixes

If you haven't already, go get some Action... by purchasing or downloading!