Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

A call for help

peoplethought said:

Embedding the nails more?

The nails are drawn to be potruding very far from the wall. it'll break the illusion once it's in game.

EDIT; I might get involved in making new hires textures for Doom, when Legacy 2 comes out since it got Normal map support. Before that it's just not interesting.

EDIT2: I downloaded the pack and played a bit of Skulltag using the textures. Other than that the colors are almost all different over the textures. I don't notice any visual difference, or improvement for that matter. Most of the textures aren't even at the same visual quality of the original Doom textures. Tekgreen and all the liquid flats are examples of this being particularly noticeable.

peoplethought said:

I redid the eyelids and pounded the stakes in deeper.

With the eye opened:
]

great.
Can you post them in png format now?
and they will go into the pack
thanks

kristus said:

The nails are drawn to be potruding very far from the wall. it'll break the illusion once it's in game.

EDIT; I might get involved in making new hires textures for Doom, when Legacy 2 comes out since it got Normal map support. Before that it's just not interesting.

EDIT2: I downloaded the pack and played a bit of Skulltag using the textures. Other than that the colors are almost all different over the textures. I don't notice any visual difference, or improvement for that matter. Most of the textures aren't even at the same visual quality of the original Doom textures. Tekgreen and all the liquid flats are examples of this being particularly noticeable.

Make better versions then.

I'm willing to take on the SP_DUDES. I'll try to keep all proportions correct, but am I allowed just a little freedom with the colors? We have to realize that the original doom had a very limited palette. Mixing in even just trace amounts of colors from the entire spectrum makes an image much more believable.

While I'm here: Can sprites, including the weapon graphics, be high resolution as well?

peoplethought said:
Can sprites, including the weapon graphics, be high resolution as well? [/B]

I would love to see this. Sprites would fit better than models, I think.

jute gyte said:

I would love to see this. Sprites would fit better than models, I think.

I agree about doing this for weapon sprites. However, for monsters this is more difficult, and they still look better as high res sprite monsters than models. Doing hi-res sprites for every single frame would probably be very tedious, however, especially if they are redone from scratch with extra details instead of just blown up 2x and cleaned up. A more realistic approach would probably be to make some extremely-high-poly/detail model that would never render quickly enough even with the current top of the line graphics cards, and take shots of it from 8 angles in different positions. This would require less tedium than having to redo the same monster from every angle, and maybe provide a model for 50 years from now, when models can have as much detail as sprites and not lag, cause right now if you look at the doomguy in Doom 3 he has an octagon for a head, so the doomguy sprites in Doom 2 look better.

peoplethought said:

I'm willing to take on the SP_DUDES. I'll try to keep all proportions correct, but am I allowed just a little freedom with the colors? We have to realize that the original doom had a very limited palette. Mixing in even just trace amounts of colors from the entire spectrum makes an image much more believable.

While I'm here: Can sprites, including the weapon graphics, be high resolution as well?

Be my guess, yes there is freedom to make them look more realistic.
The look may not stray far from the original though.
You would get away with adding detail on the clothes and skin.

Sprites and weapons will not be done in high res right now. I am concentrating on getting the texture pack finished