Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
soulsweat

A Question Of An Odd Problem With Doors

Hello, This is probably a question that will be answered quickly.
I have been making maps for Doom I and every time I make a door it dosen't open but the texture moves up a little. Can anyone tell me why this may be happening.

Door Closed:
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315/mutantmeatpuppys/DOOM0000.png

Door "Open":
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t315/mutantmeatpuppys/DOOM0001.png

Do you have the map you can post somewhere? It would be easier for someone to just look at it and tell you what's wrong with it as opposed to speculating about it.

No need for the map. You tagged the wrong sector, which is funny because it's totally unnecessary to tag for simple doors. If you use the line action marked with a D (like DR- door open close etc), it will just open the sector on the line's backside. The S- actions are usually used for switches that open remote doors, or to make a set of doors that open together. This however requires a sector tag, and yours points to the sector infront of the door...

right?

EDIT: WRONG

Yeah post the map.

I think i know what the problem may be: you actually put a door between 2 sectors; i mean, 2 sectors that can be raised and lowered at your will. To make doors work properly, there must be void sectors around them. That will surely allow the door to raise and lower correctly.

Wrong situation:

Correct situation:

Don't care about the yellow line, anyway...

EDIT: Enjay beat it to me...darn...

The problem is sector 10. That's the one forming the pillar/wall between the door and the window. It has a ceiling of height 0 and one side of the door is directly against it. I would delete that sector entirely and just have void space inside the piller. Do that (and make sure you put textures on the pillar), and the door opens properly.

Morpheus said:

EDIT: Enjay beat it to me...darn...

:D

Yah, but you had pictures.

As I said in my post, I wouldn't make the little void space area like you did, I'd delete that sector entirely. It serves no purpose as it is anyway so best just to get rid of it.