Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

Windows 98?

Anyone know where I can get a desktop theme that makes windows xp look like windows 98? I don't mean just setting it in "classic" mode, but also changing the icons, screensavers and such...

For icons and sounds, get Windows 98 installed into some folder.
Windows XP has a 98 color scheme if you look hard enough

TomoAlien said:

Windows 98 got some awesome screensavers

Maybe, but they're still kinda generic, if not lifeless.

printz said:

Maybe, but they're still kinda generic, if not lifeless.

How could you not like 3D Maze

3-d maze was soooo trippy. But awesome nonetheless. I would of said starfield but XP kept that one.

Was the aquarium part of the Win 98 screensavers? I got XP and I don't see it in my selection.

Aquarium theme (which includes screensaver) was inherited from the old Microsoft Plus! for Kids Trial version, as with the rest of Microsoft Plus! plus a couple of new ones like Baseball.

Planky said:

How could you not like 3D Maze

Ooookey, but for the Win95 system I had once, it was rather eating memory, especially in high-res.

And it was only one. The rest were texturable flying entities I don't really cry for. In fact I personally don't really care for screensavers; I don't know what I'm doing in this thread...

Ahhh, 3D maze. Nothing lik changing all the textures to the carpet and trying to find out where you're going :P

I instead put three popular Doom 1 textures: stone brick for walls, hexagon steel plates for floor and brick-like plating for ceiling. Now it looks just like a really poor 1994 fullbright maze wad. :)