Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildweasel

WWHC-Diaz: final release candidate status

http://armory.drdteam.org/wwmods/inprogress/wwhc-diaz.7z

The super-superweapon is in place, the test subject's sprites have been replaced with non-stolen graphics, and just about every bug (to my recollection) has been brutally stamped upon. Now, Diaz: WildWeasel's Hits Collection is ready for its final testing phase.

I've designed the mod with the latest G/ZDoom SVN versions in mind. It'll look better in GZDoom, due to my usage of colors that aren't in the Doom palette, but aside from that there is no reason why the mod shouldn't work in plain ol' ZDoom. Please have a look at the mod, and if you have the time, test the shit out of it and tell me if there are any really bad glitches with it. I'd especially like to get some thorough testing done on the Lance Driver weapon (dropped by the Arch-Vile-replacement Assault Mecha), the auto-reload toggle system (check your controls menu!), and deathmatch (sorry, Skulltag currently not supported until they get their asses in gear and update to the latest SVN - my SBARINFO doesn't agree with it at the moment).

If I hear no feedback or glitches within the next week, I'll deem the mod finished and upload to /idgames.

i've followed this mod since november. I'll have a look at it when I get home

Oh, thank you! I looked to the website of ZDoom and saw ZDoom 2.2.0 only. So, I thought I'm using the latest one... ok, now it works :-P !

I like all weapons beside “weapon 5“... for me it looks a bit strange when you fire:

I would delete this weapon, but the others are all worth 5/5 stars, best weapons mod I know!

This wad really rocks, just look at the picture below and all this with having a great framerate! I just like that weapon :-P !

Diaz!

I only want to ask, have there been any significant balance changes to the weapons lately? I remember Diaz being pretty balanced for non-HR levels, and I'd hate it if the balance was screwed up with. Also, I think you could move the missile spawn offset of this one gun slightly to the left. If you stand next to a wall and shoot along the wall, all of the missile will hit the wall:

Deeforce said:

I like all weapons beside “weapon 5“... for me it looks a bit strange when you fire:

[image]

That, unfortunately, is one of the many "casualties" when this mod is played in software mode. It does look a lot nicer in GZDoom, and the ammo bar works properly as well (for some reason the HIRESTEX support for ammo bars is different in software than it is in GL).

Jodwin said:

Diaz!

I only want to ask, have there been any significant balance changes to the weapons lately? I remember Diaz being pretty balanced for non-HR levels, and I'd hate it if the balance was screwed up with. Also, I think you could move the missile spawn offset of this one gun slightly to the left. If you stand next to a wall and shoot along the wall, all of the missile will hit the wall:
[image]

The balance has been more or less kept the same, I feel it's been tweaked to perfection already. At this point it's difficult without being overly frustrating, it makes it fun to play through easier maps again, and turns HR-styled maps into an intense COD4-style fight for survival. So I think you'll be pretty happy with it. =P

I really only recommend using the Neutralizer in more open areas because of this - unfortunately the only way I can really fix this is by using old-school methods to offset the projectiles (i.e. offsetting the projectile graphics themselves instead of through Decorate), and I don't like doing that because it makes aiming difficult...

Thank you for your feedback so far!

Is it possible to integrate an automatic reload for the weapons like it was in Half Life 1 (auto reloading after ammunition is empty)? This would be better (for the lazy persons like me :-P).

Deeforce said:

Is it possible to integrate an automatic reload for the weapons like it was in Half Life 1 (auto reloading after ammunition is empty)? This would be better (for the lazy persons like me :-P).

Already implemented; check the bottom of the controls menu.

For some reason, cultists do not turn blue like the other humanoids when you defeat them with the freeze psi-projectile, even though they get frozen and shatter normally.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but flamethrower guys don't seem to harm you when they explode. Odd.

CeeJay said:

Why would you ever want to mash it together with Action Doom 2?

I love doing stuff like that, loading wads together that shouldn't be its like the cloning in South park.

On that note, this is actually really fun (if ridiculously difficult) to play with Operation Rheingold and HacX. The only thing about playing it with Rheingold, though, is since Laz opted to use chainsaws as decorations, there is a metric assload worth of SMG's on the floor in the bar areas in the first two maps.

Tamashii said:

any way to make bullet puffs (sparks that hit wall) turn to splashes when bullets hit water? thanks.

That depends - you aren't going to release another modified version of the wad, are you? I seem to recall telling you (via email) that I was okay with you modifying my wad so long as you didn't release your version.

Is there any difference between Diaz's starter pistol and Hernandez (Did I spell that right?) pistol besides the graphics?

To be honest, I liked the old sprites for the test subject a little better then the new ones... He just looks weird running around at high speeds with his mouth hanging open and his eyes closed.

The two pistols are similar, but statistically rather different - the P50 is faster and more powerful, but has a slower reload, while the Judgment Mark II (Hernandez's pistol) fires a little slower but is twice as accurate while doing more melee damage. It's up to taste.

As for the test subject, I don't know, I thought the previous graphics seemed unfitting and unfinished, plus I didn't like just stealing Scientist's graphics without modifying them. He didn't seem to fit the "test subject" visual very much. More like the guy that's testing the test subject.

yeah, i don't release your wads. i privately modify them and learn from them. nice work btw. this is a lot of fun. i never could figure out how to get the rocket to make a decal on the wall. still can't figure out how you did it.

some private changes i've been playing around with is adding doom-enhanced stuff to it. breakable lamps, dead trees, and hanging/impaled corpses etc. and the cyberdemon and mastermind explosions imported from doomenhanced are nice.

there's still some problems with crouching. hernandez disappears on crouch. the dune troopers just don't seem to fit well to my taste though.

thanks. love playing around with this.

hey ww, i see you updated the lancedriver code to have a level 4 charge, but i can't seem to get it in game.

Tamashii said:

thanks. love playing around with this.

hey ww, i see you updated the lancedriver code to have a level 4 charge, but i can't seem to get it in game.

Eh what? I never gave it a level 4 - it's just supposed to go to level 3 and stay there until you release. The fact that the bar keeps charging up doesn't really mean anything.