Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
(sniper) 109

please try my new map

Very E1. The layout was interesting and took a lot of liberties while still staying faithful to the original which is great. Detail was good too although a little inconsistent with some areas being more detailed than others. There was also some unaligned textures (mostly on y-axis) and the doortraks need fixing. Over all it was fun, and definitely not too hard on UV. I had to tyson a few demons but there's nothing wrong with that. Only things I felt were missing were a few optional areas, since now it's 100 % linear, and some traps. After all it's not a very small map and there's some back tracking so you could really throw a few small monster closets here and there ala E1.

Not bad. I found myself wondering why the outside floors had no height variation. Other then that, not bad.

Its too easy, it lacks some hard traps especially around important items.But apart from that an pretty fun map to play, it just needs some more traps and an couple of secrets.

Not bad. The gameplay was interesting. I liked how the pistol zombies appear to be the most threatening enemies in the map instead of wimps. The focus on fighting with the pistol was also a nice change of pace. I've just got a few suggestions.

This has been mentioned multiple times already, but you did not set the doortrak textures as lower unpegged, so they slide up along with the door, which is kinda janky.

My other main suggestion relates to the positioning of the health and armor. Near the section of the map where you get the red key, I had to punch out a few bulldemons so as to have enough ammo. Also, the whole segment of the map where you get that key has only 10% health to fight all those hitscanners, while the area after that has like 65% health and green armor in quick succession. Near the end of the map, I had so much health/armor and ammo that I could just rush through and slaughter everyhting (and still finish the map with max health and full bullets). I think the actual amount of resources is fine (and is what defines the gameplay), but perhaps just move some of them from the end closer to the beginning of the map. This way, the player cannot dominate the end section of the map, but will not find themselves punching out bulldemons earlier on, which isn't necessarily more difficult given they can be fought 1-on-1 and might simply be more tedious. Something to consider anyway.

Otherwise, the E1M1 music is sweet. I like it. You might want to make it more non-linear too. If you want my opinion, I personally prefer linear maps, so I like it the way it is, but non-linear seems to be the popular thing though.

I like it! The only real problem I had was how easy it was. I managed to get through on my first try and with plenty of ammo and health left. You might want to add some bigger stuff, like cacodemon, barons, etc. The only part where I really felt like was in danger was when I first entered the underground cavern and got cornered by a pinky demon and 2 imps. There were also a couple of misaligned textures here and there, but those can easily be fixed.

I enjoyed this. Imo it wasn't a difficult map, but as stated before the usage of the pistol was very cool as it makes you use more precision with your shots. Had to punch out a few baddies but since this is the first level I don't think it's bad, if anything it gives the level a bit more challenge. Nice work.

Awesome! I liked having to use the pistol, too. It's a nice change from running around gunning baddies down with the SSG. I like how you merged the familiar and some new areas. Very good job. :D

The game play is... interesting, to say the least. I am not fond of the pistol at all. It's the kind of map I would skip if it was the opener to a megawad.

The map its self is pretty good looking though, layout is good too. I love the E1 theme, music fit perfectly.

Weird... I never found myself running out of ammo, and I was pretty much spraying bullets all over the place. The lowest my supply of ammo got was to about 16 rounds for the pistol and 2 shotgun shells (One for pinky demon and one for me I guess.. :P).

(sniper) 109 said:

Map02 is in progress everyone!

Looking forward to it, but I hope you go for less pistol-orientated game play.

Mike.Reiner said:

Looking forward to it, but I hope you go for less pistol-orientated game play.

Me to, i hate gunning down pinky's with a pistol :(

I'll put it this way, I'm going to look out for any of your releases. The only thing I found in it was that you kind of got lazy on ammo constrictions at the end of the map, and that hallway where the yellow key is feels like it should have a trap.

Other than that, it was great. I Loved how my instincts told me to shoot the zombies first and merely dodge the imps. In theory, that's how it should be, since the zombies do instant damage if you don't kill them first, yet the imp attack can easily be dodged.

8/10

Don't worry map 02 will have 4 guns shotgun,chaingun, rocket launcher and supershotgun.pistol oriented game play was only intended for the first map.map02 now I've been thinking of adding a new gun (the machinegun) that willbe carried by ss nazi's (that have new sprites) I will paste the machine gun over the plasma rifle (so it can work properly on all ports) so dehacked is in (soon).Also ...this will be 32 levels with phobos ending at map11 and deimos starting map12 to 20.toxin refinery will be split into to maps the first will be a brand new level never before seen the second will be a remake same with phobos lab.expect extremly huge maps too...The only hard part is with the dehacked,I'm not sure how I can integrate 6new keys (like in kdizd)because the blue key and blue skull still open the blue door.

very nicely designed, although i noticed (on UV):

-i played slowly, killing each demon as i encountered them before advancing to the next area, and ran out of ammo 2 or 3 times right as i encountered a wave of enemies.

-you missed a couple texture alignments here and there

-the exit door track is still not unpegged (the only one i noticed)

-imo, the initial shotgun guy is placed too far into the map. pistol-killing a pinky gets old quickly and the gameplay would flow better if you either, decrease the number of pinky's encountered before acquiring the shotgun; or place the shotgun/shotgun guy a bit sooner in the map. You can still keep focus on the pistol by severely limiting the amount of shotgun ammo so that the player saves it primarily for the pinkies.

other than that, the map looks great.

I can't remember if I updated the download link but their is a shotgun in the second sector.where?I'll give you a hint:it is inside something.