Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KuriKai

Error in CreateBitmapPointer

Could be that the WAD you are loading has some bad picture in it. See if it works with just doom2.wad (no user created crap). If that also gives an error, then there might be something with your windows display settings.

Same error on doom2.wad
How easy would it be to go into the code and change the requirement from 256 to 16million colours?

IIRC it's a problem with Wine's IPicture implementation. Whether it was that or something else, I tinkered with the bitmap code to work around the problem, but unfortunately the SVN server where my fork is hosted is down ATM, so I can't put together a patch. In the meantime, try using native oleaut32.dll -- although I think this has its own problems.

I'm getting the same issue, except switching in native dll's didn't work here.
Can you get that repo or whatnot up?

doom2day said:

I'm getting the same issue, except switching in native dll's didn't work here.
Can you get that repo or whatnot up?

It's still not up and is outside my control, but it's looking like it might be back within a few days. One thing I didn't mention about using native oleaut32.dll is that back when I tried it (which was a couple of years ago), Win98's worked but XP's didn't -- so that might be worth looking into.

I've been getting this same problem in ubuntu, but switching in a native dll didn't fix this. Does anyone know how to fix this and are able to post a link to the specific files needed if any?

I'll make a tutorial as soon as I have ubuntu re-installed. I had it working before, but the partition got erased some how.

Only 4 more hours (stupid slow download).