Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
exp(x)

New vanilla map

Graf Zahl said:

Not anymore. ;) I just added a new compatibility option that restores the original behavior.

Yesterday I saw very weird bug in gzdoom. I have nuts-style map by Eternal with 8888 monsters in a single room. It runs perfectly on my core2dua in prboom+. I have at least 60 fps there (in GL, software is VERYYYYY slow). But! I tried to use gzdoom and I got 1 fps BEFORE awakening all the monsters. But! After I shoot once and all the monsters were awakened I immediately got 40 fps, heh. But! This bug does not affect nuts.wad. The only difference I saw: Eternal's wad is Boom compatible.

exp(x) said:

Hey guys, I made a new map for vanilla doom.

Using Boom extensions to kill the player is vanilla doom now?

Also, it crashes Eternity.

Gez said:

Using Boom extensions to kill the player is vanilla doom now?

Also, it crashes Eternity.

I think you missed the joke. ;)

Graf Zahl said:

Not anymore. ;) I just added a new compatibility option that restores the original behavior.

EXCELLENT. Now add about 30 or 40 others, after all, you need to appease whiny bitches such as myself.

exp, my god. You just took the cake you son of a bitch, and made the best wad ever.

Grazza said:

Bah, you could at least have had a STRAIN map07-style exit.

But that wouldn't have been as awesome.

As for this wad crashing Eternity, Quasar might want to take a look at it because that shouldn't happen.

I don't get it. Are you saying that mappers should put Boom features in their vanilla maps that will instantly kill them in Boom to force them to play in vanilla Doom? Cruel, but clever.

Death-Destiny said:

I don't get it. Are you saying that mappers should put Boom features in their vanilla maps that will instantly kill them in Boom to force them to play in vanilla Doom? Cruel, but clever.

I say, I say, it's a- it's a joke, son!

... i can only imagine how much time and effort was spent in this eternal style megawad you just put here. excellent job, hats off to you. however, map 29 was far too long and detailed to fit my tastes.

Graf Zahl said:

LEGACY!?!!! :D

I suppose I could put a big 3D floor inside the player start.

edit: Done! It should now be 100% Legacy-compatible.

esselfortium said:

Gez might have been using an ancient Eternity build. A lot of people seem to have 3.33.33 or something.

3.35.90. Oddly, I got the crash when drag'n'dropping vanilla.wad on the exe to start it, but didn't when using a command line.

Not getting the crash anymore either way, must have been a random occurrence.

...On a side note, I liked the use of textures. O.o

Man I died before the level even finished loading...