Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andrewwan1980

Searching for linedefs that executes script 19 or line id 30

(this is regarding Hexen, but any ZDoom using ACS is also related)

I like using Doom Builder by discovering "H Script Execute" or "H Line Identification" targeted sectors. eg. if we have "H Script Execute" it will have script # & map #. Read corresponding script function # which is for example: Door_Open(const:18, 16); which says it affects sector 18. Ensure correct map # is loaded, then do a search for sector tag 18.

If it's "H Line Identification" with value 30 then we need to search script for: "setlinespecial(30" and find something like:

setlinespecial(30, 80 /*ACS_Execute*/, 32, 0, 0, 0, 0);

which says to execute script function 32. Then look at script function 32.

I was wondering about working backwards. Look at script and see:

setlinespecial(30, 80 /*ACS_Execute*/, 32, 0, 0, 0, 0);

But can't search for linedef with line ID 30. Or search for a linedef which executes/uses script number 19?

Is this possible to do?

CodeImp, please please can you add to DoomBuilder2 wish-to-do-list for toggle/find on all "H Line Identifcation", or "H Script Executable" linedefs. That way I can work out switches/doors, etc.

But would definitely be handy would be a script function parser, for simple scenario cases... for a linedef, just highlight all sectors with that tag number in const:##

I mean, in DB2 it would be so useful to find all sources that use sector tag 5, etc. Just like a find.

Ofcourse, need to index and build up a massive look up table upon WAD level load... but it's worth it.

Well I could make DB2 find linedefs/sectors with certain arguments or tags. But I am not going to make it parse scripts just so it can show you that one secret hole you are looking for. Do you want it to play the level music too? :P

CodeImp said:

Well I could make DB2 find linedefs/sectors with certain arguments or tags. But I am not going to make it parse scripts just so it can show you that one secret hole you are looking for. Do you want it to play the level music too? :P

Yep

1. search for linedef with line ID #
2. search for linedef which executes/uses script number 19

basically these can be done manually by right-clicking on linedef, properties.. but DB1 doesn't have a find for them..