Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AveryMaurice

Halo 3 Recon

If anyone is a fan of Halo, which I assume most of you are, Bungie announced and released a trailer for their upcoming title "Halo 3 Recon".

Master Chief is no longer in it, and this takes place BEFORE Halo 3 (consdidering all the covenant have been wiped out of the galaxy but the unfinished Halo). You play as a ODST unit, one of the black suit wearing marines from Halo 2 and 3. Your ODST drop pod lands offcourse in New Metropolis from Halo 2. Basically, you have to find your way back, at the beggining at least. There is an actual trailer to confirm this story at bungie.net if you dont believe me.

The games expected release is 2009, but you never know if there is going to be a recall, like we experienced dreadfully multiple times for Halo 2.

However, from this trailer I noticed some reputition that I which wasnt there. It doesnt appear the marine will speak in the game, like Master Chief. From this, he looks like he will act much like Master Chief and no new personality traits have been put into place. To be honest, some people probably enjoy this, but I dont know. I'm also dissapointed how we are going back to Africa again, much like back in Halo 2 and 3, with "New Metropolis" and "Voi".

But, with all this, I expect a great story, which I also have done with all Bungies projects. I am a big fan of Marathon, considering it combined Doom and Bungie styles into one perfect series.

However, I do hate how Microsoft now has rights over Halo, I know they work together with Bungie but its just not the same.

If anyone has more information on this game, please post it here.

That was alot of typing, I hope this post doesnt go to Post Hell...

Avery1555

The occupants of Doomworld can hardly keep it in their pants over the news. Same shitty rehashed Halo action minus Mastur Chief for some semblance of non existent originality. Excitement hype meter near dangerous levels of masturbatory excitement for Bung(ie) Hole's latest offering.

Halo was great and I played it at least a dozen times. Halo 2 was less great but I only played it once so I don't remember much. For various tl;dr reasons it will be a long time before I have a 360, and as such I have no opinion of Halo 3, but my affinity for the series makes me regret this fact.

Halo, to me, was OK.
Halo 2 I have only played multiplayer.
Halo 3 has alright multiplayer, but the base game is basically Halo 2 + BLOOOOM.

Oh look, Doomworld's bitching about modern popular games again

I agree. Fuck Halo. The first one was OK if you ignore the terrible library mission, but it was not worth the kick in the balls it gave to FPS for the last 7 years.

Captain Red said:

Oh look, Doomworld's bitching about modern popular games again

I guess in your opinion nothing that's modern and popular should be criticized. Like pop music and reality TV.

:-P

On the topic, Halo 1 was ok. Never played the rest (did Halo 2 even get on the PC? I don't know).

I don't know what to think about this. I'll form an opinion once more stuff is being shown.

Jodwin said:

(did Halo 2 even get on the PC? I don't know).

Yes.

Hi my name is bungie. I want to rob $50 every year out of every parent's wallets that have preteen children.

JohnnyRancid said:

Hi my name is bungie. I want to rob $50 every year out of every parent's wallets that have preteen children.

Don't get me started on all the 10 year-olds that somehow have xbox live...

Edward850 said:

Don't get me started on all the 10 year-olds that somehow have xbox live...

I have had hours of entertainment from swearing 10 year-olds while playing Perfect Dark Zero.

Doom Marine said:

Playing console FPS is like driving a car with your feet.

hahah

I enjoyed Halo 1, at least on the PC, for no reason other than its ridiculously easy for me to own the shit out of everybody online.

Doom Marine said:

Ive actually modified the controls on my keyboard to be more reminiscent to the controls on a controller.

WASD = walking forward and back, strafing side to side.
Arrow keys = Looking up and down,(in zdoom) turning left and right

The two joysticks on PS3 and xbox controllers do those same functions.

I probably won't mind unless it's just the same damn Halo game with minor changes. I don't exactly hate Halo. It's fun to play every now and then, but I gotta say that I don't see what all the hype is about. It just seems like your average linear FPS to me.

Doom Marine said:

Soooo....... You have feet for hands? O_o

But anyway, I heard about this. I like the series, but I just hope this doesn't trun out to be a Halo 2. Don't get me wrong, Halo 2 was pretty good, but it could have used a lot more work. But anyway, like craigs said, I hope this isn't another game with some minor tweaks.

Craigs said:

I don't see what all the hype is about. It just seems like your average linear FPS to me.

I could not agree more, i have played Halo 1 on the pc, i thought it was very good at the time.

I then played Halo2 on the xbox 360, and i hated it, the zombies (the flood) was just pure bullshit and ruined the gameplay.

I own Halo3 on the xbox 360 and i have not finished the single player and have not had any multiplayer yet since i have yet to buy an new xbox live subscription.

It is allot better then the Halo 2, but it still just feels like a "just another above average first person shooter".

the one thing i liked about halo 2 was the sword, and the one thing i liked about halo 3 was the big hammer.

Captain Red said:

I agree. Fuck Halo. The first one was OK if you ignore the terrible library mission, but it was not worth the kick in the balls it gave to FPS for the last 7 years.

People who bitch about the Library must have skipped the rest of the game entirely. The saying is that library was just repetetive cutty pasty bitchslapping. But everyone seem to forget that the entire game is made out of like 3 rooms and a few samey outdoors areas.

kristus said:

The saying is that library was just repetetive cutty pasty bitchslapping. But everyone seem to forget that the entire game is made out of like 3 rooms and a few samey outdoors areas.

The problem with library is that not only is it one of the most visually repetitive levels ever but it's also one of the most repetitive levels ever by gameplay as well. Take your average Serious Sam level and make it so that in that level you only have two guns and only fight three types of enemy.

Halo didn't do anything PC FPS had already done better. For a console FPS it came off just fine...if not really slow. The whole game felt like it was running under water. The mulitplayer was especailly agonizing. At the time I was still heavy into Quake 3 so...
I played most of Halo2, but I really hated the new 'tude they gave the Master Chief. He went from being composed and reserved in Halo to a cocky douchebag in the sequel.

TheDarkArchon said:

The problem with library is that not only is it one of the most visually repetitive levels ever but it's also one of the most repetitive levels ever by gameplay as well. Take your average Serious Sam level and make it so that in that level you only have two guns and only fight three types of enemy.

You could say that chess was repetitive because you always play it on the same board making the same few moves with the same pieces, but few chess fans would consider this a valid criticism because that's not the point of the game. Halo does purport to be Combat Evolved, after all.

Richo Rosai said:

You could say that chess was repetitive because you always play it on the same board making the same few moves with the same pieces, but few chess fans would consider this a valid criticism because that's not the point of the game. Halo does purport to be Combat Evolved, after all.

I think you are missing the point here, that level played the same ALL the way through. Chess does not. That level was just the same few rooms with the same few enemy's copyied and pasted over and over.

EDIT: I have finished Halo 3, the ending sucks!