Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

dreams about Doom?

Have you ever, no matter what the slightest detail, had an element of Doom in any of your dreams? Nightmares? Wet Dreams?

Yeah i know, i posted this on "polls" before...

I once dreamt that I was playing Doom 3, but it was dissapointing (The chaingun had as slow a firing rate as the original, bah!).

Oh yeah, and I also once dreamt that id had decided to make Doom 3 a platform game. In the dream I played the demo and it sucked balls - that dream was REALLY weird.

But I've probably dreamt about the older Doom games as well, but I can't remember those dreams.

First Doom-dream I had when when I was a smaller kid. I remember it...I ran in a pool of poisonous waste and there were couple of Baron of hells.

Then, second I had, there was a damn huge skinny monster with a head of a goat, it smiled and had sleepy eyes.

The third one I had a while ago, I dreamed about some "old" version of doom 2, that had better animations, the imp jumped nicely on to wall when I shot him and pain elementals were alot bigger.

[..] the imp jumped nicely on to wall when I shot him [..]

Eh?
You mean that it just turned around and leapt into the wall when you pumped it full of pellets???

*Me is confused

I have countless dreams about doom, I probably had one about doom3 to. I just don't remember my dreams though.

[..] the imp jumped nicely on to wall when I shot him [..]

Eh?
You mean that it just turned around and leapt into the wall when you pumped it full of pellets???

*Me is confused

something like that, whatever.

i had a dream once that i sat down at my computer and loaded doom3. it was exactly like quake3 when you fight klesk only the level was different and instead of klesk it was some other weird deamon, and there where bats that i beat reall fast. wait, there was more to the dream that.

I've had a few. I made the memorable ones into really weird maps.

Or started to, at least :P

*sigh* Isn't this question asked about once per week?

i've only asked it once...and that was in polls

I've only had one dream about doom. I was in MAP20, just after the spidermind and the cyberdemon kill off each other. The arch-vile was running laps around the "arena" area, but wasn't attacking me; i was in the little gap between the 2 platforms. I couldn't leave the gap because the arch-vile would kill me, and i kept thinking "i'm gonna die here of starvation!"

My dad knew a co-worker who had nightmares about doom...

I've never had any nightmares (were you actually feel terrified) about Doom, but I've had bad dreams about the upcoming "Doom 3" (these are explained in my post above).

But I'm sure I've dreamt a few tidbits of the older Doom games here and there, but these have likely been too insignificant, so I've forgotten them.

I've had a couple of dreams about levels... but when I try to build them, they always get crappy. Very crappy.

Isn't it weird how things that appear logical and clever in your dreams usually are completely retarded in real life?

Isn't it weird how things that appear logical and clever in your dreams usually are completely retarded in real life?

Really? I find it to be the other way around.

Of course, I'm not the most mentally agile person around :P

Of course, I'm not the most mentally agile person around :P

I'd say something funny right now if there wasn't your recently gained ability to ban people. Heh.

Sadly enough, I once had a dream that I got to play an early beta of Doom 3. This was probably a year ago. All I remember was that the game looked like shit, because for some reason the engine appeared to be using voxels for everything. It did have dynamic lighting, though.

I find that in my dreams impossible shit happens, or structures that are impossible to be real are somehow possible. Like an Escher drawing, you know?

Then I wake up and try to resolve it in my head, and of course reallife.exe cannot open this sort of file, it is invalid or not supported etc. etc. Bah.

I hate dreams where I start off gettin' up early for something important (and no, these don't qualify as nightmares). I start off with plenty of time, but then all sorts of weird and impossible delays occur and when I finally get out of my house (I usually got such dreams while I still lived at my parents') I for some reason walk insanely slow and got insanely exhausted, as my feet feels like they are made of lead.

And when wake up, I realize that all those odd delays and the shit with me not being able to walk fast could never possibly happen in real Life, because the current version of reallife doesn't support such events.

wow, that would be like a classic freudian regression to leave the home and security it provides, and move on from what Freud called the 'anal' stage. (don't ask me, i have to do that shit at uni.)

I've never dreamt anything Doom-related. However, the song 'A.D.I.D.A.S' by KoRn easily comes to mind...

wow, that would be like a classic freudian regression to leave the home and security it provides, and move on from what Freud called the 'anal' stage. (don't ask me, i have to do that shit at uni.)

I always preferred the 'oral' stage. Hehehe...

heh, that song was the coolest. Men summed up in one fashion label. Awesome.

When I let my g/f listen to it she didn't quite know that to say. I think she thought it was my way of making a sex proposal...but, of course, it wasn't.

... :-}

I always preferred the 'oral' stage. Hehehe...

Ummh, Dan, that does exists. It's that phase of the baby when it put things in his mouth to better understand them.

Have you ever, no matter what the slightest detail, had an element of Doom in any of your dreams? Nightmares? Wet Dreams?

Yeah i know, i posted this on "polls" before...

Anyone who has dreams about doom is playing it waytofuckingmuch and needs some time outside (no offense)

Ummh, Dan, that does exists. It's that phase of the baby when it put things in his mouth to better understand them

*shudders*