• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

dutch devil said:

Total Doom map01 has easy gameplay :p

...easy ain't what it used to be.

I wasn't even being sarcastic, was just commenting that the screenie didn't look particularly easy. Which is pretty much the same thing that Dutch Devil seemed to be saying by posting it in the first place.

Thanks.

Kyka said:

I wasn't even being sarcastic, was just commenting that the screenie didn't look particularly easy. Which is pretty much the same thing that Dutch Devil seemed to be saying by posting it in the first place.

Thanks.

as I was saying.

dutch devil said:

Total Doom map01 has easy gameplay :p

Why does that remind me of a family reunion I attended many years ago? Looks like fun.

Kappes Buur said:

@Haloless0320

nice blood sprite

Thanks,I tried locating the sprite used my Thanatos on AEOD (The Quake Zombie) but I couldn't locate it with slumped. So I decided to stick with the blood zombie.

Kyka said:

...easy ain't what it used to be.

Its only easy if you know what to do, if not then this trap becomes the most fustrating part of this map.

Thanks everybody!

kristus said:

Essel. Good textures there. But they feel a bit sterile to me.

Hmm. I'm sort of learning things as I go here, heh. I think they look pretty good as-is, but I'll try to keep the suggestion in mind.

Nope, just normal vanilla-compatible textures in the Doom palette. The textures on the ceiling and floor, though, aren't flats, but 128x128 and 256x128 textures. There is a 64x64 flat equivalent of the floor, though, and I'll almost certainly make one of the ceiling.

esselfortium said:

I'm making some new textures from scratch:

http://sl4.poned.com/screens/esseltex/esseltex2.png

I don't have any project in mind for them at the moment, I'm just making stuff :p

Hey, I like those! You could possibly make a few versions of the brick texture that are worn out or more grungy looking if your worried about them looking 'sterile'. Though personally I think they look good as-is...but a few different versions wouldn't be bad at all.

esselfortium said:

I'm making some new textures from scratch:

http://sl4.poned.com/screens/esseltex/esseltex2.png

I don't have any project in mind for them at the moment, I'm just making stuff :p

As I said in #jetsons I really do like them, they strike me as being unique and not "generic bricks". Okay maybe I'm putting too much praise into it but you get the point. :P

Why are you slacking off, Essel? You could've spent that time finishing KDIKDIZD! >:|

JK... ;P

I like it. You could make some dungeon/castle-esque maps with those. They kinda remind me of Heretic. Nice work, Essel. :)

http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom0031gp3.png
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom0032ko9.png

something im deciding to work on, vanilla compatible (may get sprite overflows though) and is my rendition of level 3 for hell revealed 3. will be a long level, and the end of a three map episode at the very beginning. uses some plutonia textures and variations and variations on stock textures, and is going for roughly the same amount of detail as kama sutra. of course, its going to be hard. there are also certain parts of the map i have implemented specifically for speed-runners/tyson/etc. and demo runners in general because i want people to do demos.

Looks nice Butts looks pretty damn hard :p

Inner Fear is back in progress its for doom2 limit removing, I'm almost done with updating this area.It will be medium sized map with hard gameplay, its 95% stock doom textures I never get bored with the original stuff :p

im liking that inner fear there... i remember seeing it more than a year ago wanting to play it, haha. but anyways, im in agreement about the stock textures -- they just never get old, i love to use them.

I am updating my Zero Tolerance mapset, fixing all kinds of errors and beefing up gameplay some more.Two maps are pretty much done, and I have five maps to go.

Here is an screen of map3 this area has been changed quite an bit.