Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
[name_withheld]

DETH made level help

Okay, I figured out how to make and save maps. But I have a new problem, I can't play them, after the DOOM95 screen starts loading a message comes up that says bad music 152. If anyone can help it would be appreciated greatly.

Did you make a map from scratch or modify an existing one?

Did you run an error check?

Did you build nodes?

It's real easy to answer level error questions if you can upload the levels somewhere.

You could upload/post it at geocities just like you uploaded your html/graphics. However, chances are I'll never be able to retrieve it because of the way geo operates.

Or you can just send me the level if you like and I'll check it out. Keeps me on my toes.

Click on the leftmost icon to see my profile and email link. Then use whatever you use for an email client to send me the file. Don't use the send email icon here.

Ok, the nodes were not built - the nodes in there were the original ones from DOOM's MAP01. The reason this happened is that Deth does not have an automatic node builder. Other issues are minor learning problems.

You might want to download either DeePsea 11.55 (from www.sbsoftware.com, the one here at DW is NOT current) or WA (from DW). DeePsea let's you "draw" or use prefabs, WA is prefabs only.

Both have excellent tutorials, so be sure to review the online help. Overall, much faster and simpler than Deth for learning how to edit.

Your other option is to get a stand alone node builder such as Zennode or BSP. You can pick them up here in the utils section.