Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kid Airbag

Just when you think it can't get any worse for the human race...

Oh shi, so that's what's going on! This'll change the whole "global warming" thing completely!

So that means that all we have to do to stop global warming is start a reverse-daylight savings program so that we instead have a total 2 hours less of sunlight per day compared to regular daylights savings time. There. Problem solve.

I'm sure we have as many idiots (as a percentage of population) as the US. LMAO

Taking the writer's logic a step further, the best way to drought-proof Australia would be by switching to Decimal Time - specifically French Revolutionary Time. Problem solved! :D

Butts said:

That is so hilarious, there is no way that person is actually serious.

Don't underestimate the level of stupidity some people can reach!

i've heard of this kind of thing before. we had a woman here in town bitching about the same thing in the paper until her hate mail box overflowed and killed her.

After all these years of having my personal timeclock messed up twice per year, I still can't see any worthwhile advantage in "daylight saving" time.

Well, it's not a million miles from this.

But wasn't the US's experiment last year with keeping summer time going a bit longer intended to cause less power to be used? So if that was successful, then Daylight Saving Time should reduce carbon dioxide emissions.

Enjay said:

After all these years of having my personal timeclock messed up twice per year, I still can't see any worthwhile advantage in "daylight saving" time.

It matters when your time schedule depends on people who plan their lives according to a clock.

Personally I wouldn't care if I were to start work at 8 or 9 but that's simply not possible so DST gives me one more hour that's not dark in the evening. I'd rather take 2 days of minor inconvenience than having 'normal' time the entire year.

Enjay said:

My watch and the clock in my car are still set to standard time. Unfortunately, all of my other clocks are set automatically and pickup the DST flag.

Graf Zahl said:
Personally I wouldn't care if I were to start work at 8 or 9 but that's simply not possible so DST gives me one more hour that's not dark in the evening.

And one more hour that is dark in the morning.

I'd actually prefer to have DST in the winter, when I could actually use that imaginary hour of daylight in the late afternoon. I don't care if it's still dark when I leave for work...

Grazza said:

But wasn't the US's experiment last year with keeping summer time going a bit longer intended to cause less power to be used? So if that was successful, then Daylight Saving Time should reduce carbon dioxide emissions.

It wasn't successful.

Graf Zahl said:

It matters when your time schedule depends on people who plan their lives according to a clock.

Personally I wouldn't care if I were to start work at 8 or 9 but that's simply not possible so DST gives me one more hour that's not dark in the evening. I'd rather take 2 days of minor inconvenience than having 'normal' time the entire year.

It's not so much DST that bothers me as changing the time twice a year. Why not pick the best one and go with that? Or have the clocks (in the UK) at GMT+30 mins all year round?

The hour you "get" is short lived anyway. eg, at this latitude, by mid Winter, I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. In the summer, its still pretty bright up to 11pm or even beyond and it's getting light again around 3a.m. A few short weeks after March/October the supposed benefits have become pretty irrelevant.

William Willett, the man who proposed the idea and worked to have it implemented in the UK was, apparently, inspired to do so after going for his early morning ride and being appalled at how many of the "working classes" were still in bed and had thereby missed "the best of the day".

At least he died before it ever became law. That'll teach him for getting me out of bed early in March. ;)

I hate DST. If they are so concerned with people going to work in the daylight or whatever, then maybe businesses could shift their hours throughout the year. Would that really hurt so much? Personally, it doesn't seem to matter to me because in the winter you go to work and come home in the dark ANYWAY so I don't know where the fuck that hour of daylight is going.

sLydE said:

What about this?

there was a site similar to that one about geocentrism, the idea that the Earth is at the center of the universe and the Sun revolves around us. can't find it tho.

OP Article

Cocksucking triggers drought

WHEN I was a kid we never had cock after cock.

Then we started sucking a little. We started with a little bit, but now we have six months of the year sucking cock.

It has just become too much for us to cope with.

It is so logical, for six months of the year we have an extra hour each day of that hot afternoon cocksucking.

I read somewhere that scientific studies had shown there is a lot less semen in The Cock which means we get less cum.

I believe this one hour extra cocksucking is slowly evaporating all the moisture out of everything.

Why can’t the Government get the CSIRO to do studies on this, or better still, get rid of cocksucking.

They have to do something before it is too late.

- Chris Hill, Albury

Doom Marine said:

stuff about sucking cock

either you got your dick sucked, or were forced to choke on someone elses... or maybe you are just clever in a weird way...

Enjay said:

The hour you "get" is short lived anyway. eg, at this latitude, by mid Winter, I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. In the summer, its still pretty bright up to 11pm or even beyond and it's getting light again around 3a.m. A few short weeks after March/October the supposed benefits have become pretty irrelevant.

You live far more north than I do. Where I live the hour in the evening does matter in the summer. However, I wouldn't mind having DST in the winter, too. The hour of light in the morning is of little use to me but it'd make a great difference if it became dark at 17.30 rather than 16.30.