Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

RODS Creatures from the 4th Dimension

The most likely explanation is that they don't exist. If another plausible explanation emerges, it will be in a scientific journal instead of a show that is forced to exaggerate and invent myths to keep its ratings.

And for the record, the following sentences are equivalent:

"The creature came from the fourth dimension."
"Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."

Yeah, shows like that are fine if you're 10 or just have an over-active imagination, but if the stories they tell were even remotely credible, it would be on the news (proper news, not Fox news).

Amusing rubbish. Always the same sensationalistic shit, "the FBI didn't comment so that because [i]they don't want us to know the truth OMG!"

The reason that these 'rods' appear on film is that one frame actually captures a number of moments. Some of the insects/birds fly so fast or so close to the camera that it moves significantly during the moments within the frame. Since these moments are projected in the same frame, it looks like a rod but is actually just an insect/bird.

Really freaks me out too.

Not the footage. I mean the way that the stupid public keep swallowing this "OMG sensational" bullshit that exists purely to get people watching the bits of TV between the advertising space on TV.

Terra-jin said:

The reason that these 'rods' appear on film is that one frame actually captures a number of moments. Some of the insects/birds fly so fast or so close to the camera that it moves significantly during the moments within the frame...

That's not true, that's impossible...
Strange rods in the sky:

Heh, it's just some flies going past me and my friends as we stood around at a role playing event early one morning a couple of years ago.

Why would it be impossible, then? If that last picture is a compilation of, say, 1/30th of a second, then those rods you see are just insects flying some distance in the span of 1/30th of a second. 'Some distance' here is defined as the length of the rods. Makes perfect sense to me, but maybe I'm missing something?

Fuck, not this rods shit again. I remember seeing this on Sightings back in '97 or so. Thy're just fucking bugs.

Every single person on this forum that thinks this is not real, you are sorely mistaken. First, look at how professional they are. Second, these creatures really can attack us and they are from the FOURTH dimension. These fourth dimension oddities can and will explode your skull from the inside and implode your testicles/ovaries at their own free will. They control the force. If you don't believe it then you are dumb!

...and if you took what I just said seriously... then you are probably the most intelligent member on this forum.

hardcore_gamer said:

What do you think these things/objects are?

Found them - they're called Langoliers. Creatures that occupy another part of the time/space continuum and basically spend their time eating our past. If you happen to see one without the aid of a camera - RUN!

Creaphis said:

(better, IMO):

You actually compared that unfunny, trite, shallow college-project-level crap to one of the greatest comedy shows of all time (admittedly not at its absolute best, but still)? That's like comparing Home Improvement to Arrested Development. Or Uncyclopedia to The Onion. Jeez

Creaphis said:

Making fun of that genre is easier than shooting candied fish in a barrel full of babies.

Now I'm hungry.

Butts said:

Every single person on this forum that thinks this is not real, you are sorely mistaken. First, look at how professional they are. Second, these creatures really can attack us and they are from the FOURTH dimension. These fourth dimension oddities can and will explode your skull from the inside and implode your testicles/ovaries at their own free will. They control the force. If you don't believe it then you are dumb!

It's true! It happened to me!

Bucket said:

Rodents Of Diminutive Size? I don't believe they exist.

I lol'd.

Bucket said:

Rodents Of Diminutive Size? I don't believe they exist.

LMAO epic!

Seriously though, come on - I seem to recall seeing something about someone even demonstrating that filming out-of-focus insects flying at high speeds creates images that look like rods.

Wikipedia says:

The History Channel series Monster Quest season 1, episode 111, first aired on January 9, 2008, includes footage where a "rod" is captured simultaneously by a traditional video camera and a high-speed camera. While the video recorded by the traditional camera showed a brightly-illuminated "rod" with multiple undulating wings, the high-speed video clearly showed a common moth flying across its field of view.

Monster Quest, heh? That's probably in one of the later parts, if anybody bothered to watch more than the first. (I know I didn't.)

GoatLord said:

I'm suddenly reminded of the fucks who think that lens glares, lens smudges and dust particles are ghost orbs.

Haha. THat's like when we sold the house I lived in for 20 years, the guy who bought it took pictures of it so he could sell it, and he came up with all these "mysterious orbs". He sent the pictures to my mom and my mom and I were like "lol wut" because it was obviously a bunch of dust with light reflecting off it.

Enjay said:

Heh, it's just some flies going past me and my friends as we stood around at a role playing event early one morning a couple of years ago.

so that's the scientific explaination? The quad-dimensional alien spy drones are actually flies attracted to the unwashed armpits of a bunch of filthy stinking LARPers?

I'm convinced.