Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Submerge

Life is good.

My brother FINALLY got a 3D card for his computer. A 64 MB Geforce2.

As I said before. Life is good. I can finally play System Shock 2. And Darkstone, and all the other games that I foolishlky purchased that requires a 3D card.

I estimate I'll be ready to buy my new machine in 6 months. By then, a G3 Ti500 should be a lot more reasonably priced..

A 64mb GF2 is an excellent buy. They're very cheap and perfectly enough for any game of today unless you *need* 240fps in 2048x1536.

I estimate I'll be ready to buy my new machine in 6 months. By then, a G3 Ti500 should be a lot more reasonably priced..

I'll buy a new gfx card soon. It will probably be the Radeon 3 or GF4 when they get released.

Well, a GF2 is an enormous hell of a lot better than nothing.
I really don't see the reason you need to go out and buy a new 3D card when your current one is excellent already.

Good god! ONI! I forgot than I can get ONI now!
Hurrah!

What I said. You have to wait if you want something good for DOOM3 anyway...

yes. Let's hope we won't wait too long :)

What I said. You have to wait if you want something good for DOOM3 anyway...

yes. Let's hope we won't wait too long :)

I actually hope it doesn't come out until the speculated date (2003). By then, I'll have enough to buy both the game and whatever graphics card I need.

...unless you *need* 240fps in 2048x1536.

Zaldron come to mind...

Goddamnit, enough with the perfectionist crap. I don't even know where that came from. For God's sake I recently moved from a FUCKING VooDoo1/TNT2 to a GF2.

I wish I could buy as many upgrades as I want. That would make my life a lot easier. :P

I've been playing games at 10 fps running under 640x480 for too fucking long. Give me a break...

Goddamnit, enough with the perfectionist crap. I don't even know where that came from.

Would the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags have helped?

Besides...I'm on the same side as you. I guess I just feel left out because I don't have money and nowhere near the capabilities that the rest you elite DOOMers (except maybe Sephiroth :) have. Sorry to piss you off, really.

I've been playing games at 10 fps running under 640x480 for too fucking long. Give me a break...

I know the feeling...

yea i got a geforce 2 a wile back. but i got mine for a bit under $100. it is a great card and so was the TNT2 i had before it. however i manly got it for 3 reasons. high power GPU, full screen anti-alazing(damn cant spell that)and 32mb ram over my old 8. however i used the TNT to replace a worthless trident AGP card in my grandmothers PC.

well I am a poor student, no money, just like the rest of us in England, have to pay tuition fees now, or get a loan. So I am stuck with a P2 Celery 333, 64MB RAM, and most of all, an 8MB ATI RAGE card...

What Zaldron said about 640x480 at 10fps is actually spot on for me.

well I am a poor student, no money, just like the rest of us in England, have to pay tuition fees now, or get a loan. So I am stuck with a P2 Celery 333, 64MB RAM, and most of all, an 8MB ATI RAGE card....

Poor Pritch. That's about what my brother and I use. but we have an AMD K6. I'm talking about before Jon got the card, that is.