Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Steeveeo

For you Halloweeners out there ;)

For Halloween this year, I thought I'd do something cool for my Halloween display.

So, I made a very eerie sound loop to be played in the ambient background on my porch to add to the atmosphere.

Get it Here!

Basically a bunch of sounds I have on my harddrive added and warped to sound right, and the effect turned out better than expected! Good enough to share with the public at least :P

What's more? This effect even works in applications outside of All Hallow's Eve, like, say, an eerie level in Doom ;)

Enjoy!

Awesome, plus a great idea too!

Tonights gonna be an ultimate beerpong tournament, in costumes of course.

Creaphis said:

When I was young, back in the bronze age, there were cassette tapes you could buy for this same effect.

CASSETTE TAPES?

MAn, nothing says scary like a halloween RECORD from peter pan records played at 16 RPM. Some Kids were too scared to even go near the house. That is, until their parents made them. 8)

I gave out candy this year. saw lots of happy kids and, strangely enough, happy parents.

and yes, I saw a Palin costume. Lolz.

@Alboroto: Nice to see that something I made went to a good cause :P

@Csonicgo: Had the same effect on kids just by having it played down the walkway of my porch on some really old speakers. Also, lol@Palin, most we had were a couple cliche zombie cheerleaders, Spidermans...'men..whoever, one Buzz Lightyear and 3 Power Rangers, so yeah, I live in a dorky neighborhood :P

Csonicgo said:

CASSETTE TAPES?

MAn, nothing says scary like a halloween RECORD from peter pan records played at 16 RPM.

How about reel-to-reel tape on a multi-speed recorder from the chalcolithic age?

GreyGhost said:

How about reel-to-reel tape on a multi-speed recorder from the chalcolithic age?

yeah, but those never were as long playing. slow speed was "gritty" and you could hear the tape jumping ever so gently across the head, making a bumpy sound. not really worth it. 8 track would be more feasable for looping sppookyyyneeesss..

hey that's a good idea. I'll use that next year.

That sound sequence is terribly clipped and in a really poor frequency. I would heavily suggest using PSX, or Doom64's soundtrack instead since it's generally the same thing but 100x more clearer.

EDIT: Kids would shit their pants if this noise was happening at your house.