Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

lightning round

Since the 2 most intelligent answers have already been mentioned:

Attach wheels to the bottom of it and use it as a skateboard.

get/build an arcade cabinet, get a monitor and make it a MAME arcade machine:

make a pizza

Oh fuck! I forgot the arcade machine thing. Yeah, I'm definitely doing that in the near future.

Get a wireless broadband card, a webcam, some servos, and a cheap car. Make the car controllable over the internet, and lead police on a high speed chase from the comfort of your own home. Be careful to account for latency while driving.

I was going to suggest buying a replacement screen and finding a service manual. But with the way in which the topic was presented it seemed out of the question.

Throw it in the air while somebody takes digital pics of it with the sky as a background and post them as UFO shots.

Print off a decal of a screenshot taken in Doom and stick it to the screen. Then take it in for repairs and tell them that the laptop locked up while playing and you can't even shut down.

Georgef551 said:

(1) Connect to a monitor.
(2) Connect to a projector (much cooler, better if you have big, white walls.)

YOU WIN!

I actually used my Athlon XP laptop for two years, connected to a 14" CRT monitor.

Seriously, just get it fixed. It shouldn't be more expensive than the worth of the laptop, even if the whole screen needs replacing.

Test it with the external monitor and if you can see no other signs of damage, get it fixed. You can even do it yourself if you can source the right LCD and grab a service manual - they are usually connected by a single ribbon only. Just needs a gentelman's touch as they are fragile.

Smash it with a sledge hammer for the hell of it.

When I was like in 3rd grade this kid Mark invited me to his house and we spent most of the evening smashing his toys with a heavy hammer... at his initiative, mind you.

DJ_Haruko said:
Meh, I much prefer this alarm clock instead.

Heh. I seem to remember using the at command to wake me up to this on exam days, as a backup to my occasionally-unreliable alarm clock...

fraggle said:
Install Linux

If it has a wireless card supported by m0n0wall or pfSense, turn it into a nifty wireless router.