Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Georgef551

Pocket Protector? No, Pocket PROJECTOR.

Showing off a new toy, and it's relatively cheap, tough to find though:
[center]

[/center]

The 3M MPRO110 Pocket Projector.

Good for small presentations in dark to normal-lit rooms, the projector can display any composite video (NTSC standard on the US), and VGA as well (640x480, 800x600, 1024x768,some daffy rez here, and 1280x768). I could not get it to do 640x480, though.

The LED-lit LCoS display is 640x480 native, using RGB rectangles, arranged like the old-fashioned phosphor dot pattern (except in rectangles). This is a VIDEO projector, so bring your own sound system for audio.

It's pretty cheap as well, for only about $359 USD.

Naked Snake said:

If it can't play Doom, it sucks.

You can hook the PJ up to your PC. So long as it's within the rez's stated, you're g-to-g.

Sorry, no HDMI (was not designed for a bofified entertainment system), but I'm sure you can do component, if you get a component-to-vga cable, and a female-to-female connector. Not sure, though.

The intent was for use with mobile phones and small cameras with TV output, and for small electornics with VGA output capability. The idea was to keep it simple, not defeat it's purpose of portability (somewhat).

http://3m.com SEARCH for "mpro110". There's a Flash site, and a video demo (come demos were obviously faked, but several were legit).

With a 40-60 minute battery life the AC adapter's likely to get a lot of use. I could see this as a possible monitor replacement if it has a decent refresh rate and contrast ratio.

Naked Snake said:

If it can't play Doom, it sucks.

That's why it doesn't suck.

For some reason, this reminds me of the guy who used a Wii to make an interactive projector.

Patrick Pineda said:

does it support component or HDMI?

Component should be possible with a VGA pigtail and BNC connectors.

At only 10 lumens, I wonder how useful this would actually be in a conference setting. The bulb life looks good on it at 10,000 hours, though.

DJ_Haruko said:

Component should be possible with a VGA pigtail and BNC connectors.

At only 10 lumens, I wonder how useful this would actually be in a conference setting. The bulb life looks good on it at 10,000 hours, though.

In a normal lit room, about a 20 inch image (all sizes diagonal). In an overly bright room, only about 10 or so.

In a dark room (but can still see sort-of decently), you can do a 60 inch image, and a pitch dark room, I've pushed it to 8 feet. Some darker colors dissapear, but it still worked well enough. What's funny is, when you set the focus for the biggest image possible, it's clarity is infinate. Perfect at 50 inches, and still at 8 feet in size, even pushed it to about a 12 footer (not recommended, too dark).