Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SYS

Woman dies after being hit by husband's coffin on the way to cemetery

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/brazil_coffin_kills_widow

By The Associated Press

SAO PAULO, Brazil - Police say a woman has died on the way to a cemetery when a traffic accident hurled her husband's coffin against the back of her neck.

Police say 67-year old Marciana Barcelos was in the front passenger seat of the hearse when the accident occurred Monday in the southern state of Rio Grande do Sul.

Barcelos died instantly.

Her 76-year-old husband Josi Coimbra died Sunday of a heart attack while dancing at a party.

The driver of hearse and Barcelos' son suffered minor injuries.

Yep I definitely laughed out loud on this one. Despite people dying, there is just way too much irony to not receive the humor in this.

Some mod deleted my Yakov Smirnov reference. It shouldn't have been made, perhaps, but something about a coffin leading to a person's death just forced me to say it.

Creaphis said:

Some mod deleted my Yakov Smirnov reference. It shouldn't have been made, perhaps, but something about a coffin leading to a person's death just forced me to say it.

At least you didn't think "Boom! Headshot!

It saved the old lady the mourning process (which sometimes lasts till the end)... or maybe the guy had a score to settle with his wife.

Creaphis said:
It shouldn't have been made,

Yeah, incomplete, lazy posts get deleted.

Georgef551 said:

One word says it all: Irony.

What a way to go. :(

You really don't know the meaning of irony. It'd have been ironic if it were somehow her own coffin that killed her.