Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MmM

First the Pocket Fisherman, now the Pocket Sniper?

Sniper Pistol

An automatic pistol, upgraded with sniper rifle attachments, that is one of the numerous weapons Tal'Set can find and arm himself with in the Turok: Evolution multi-platform video game. The ingenious design of this firearm is such that all it takes is a flick of the wrist to cause the scope, stock, and elongated barrel to snap into proper alignment, almost-instantly converting the handgun into sniper mode. Bullets can be found in small boxes of 15 and Tal'Set can carry a maximum of 100 rounds of ammunition. While this sidearm is relatively lacking in power compared to other guns you can add to Tal'Set's arsenal, it's effective against weak-medium strength targets (particularly with head shots), and the sniper scope is an important tool for making long distance kills and/or just surveying the surrounding environment from a safe location.

Materials:
Newsprint, cardboard, notebook paper, white/hot glue, Kleenex, a paperclip, wire twist ties, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
- Pistol w/out Sniper Parts: 2.8 cm/1.1 in. x 4.8 cm/1.9 in. (highest point x widest point)

- Pistol w/Sniper Parts Inactive: 3.5 cm/1.4 in. x 5.6 cm/2.2 in. (highest point x widest point)

- Pistol w/Sniper Parts Engaged: 4.1 cm/1.6 in. x 14.2 cm/5.6 in. (highest point x widest point)

Articulation:
Five points: The barrel telescopes and rotates up/down; the stock slides in/out and the end rotates; and the scope pivots up/down.

Time:
Roughly two days; November 13-14, 2008.

Those tiny bullets cost 0.7 cents apiece, but he reloads them himself for 0.03 cents.

Snazzy work, MmM. A departure from your usual organic stuff.

Coopersville: I felt Turok Evolution was fairly mediocre, especially compared to previous games in the franchise, but I wouldn't call it terrible. Some of those pterodactyl flying missions are enough to drive you batsh*t insane though. The game taking away weapons from you on some levels, and then giving them back, seemingly at a whim, was mighty annoying too.

I agree that the pistol is mighty cool--it's my favorite FPS pistol ever. I wonder if somebody at Iguana/Acclaim Studios Austin was a G1 Transformers fan, 'cuz the gun is mighty similar to Megatron's Walther P38 form with its attachments.

Creaphis/Impie: No tiny bullets, sorry. I was thinking about making a box of ammunition, but I didn't make the magazine on the gun hollow, which would kind of defeat the purpose of having the bullets if you couldn't really do anything with them.

I want two.

...I mean, I do have two eyes, and two hands, right?

[edit] And I want those eyebrows just like the guy in the last photograph, for extra awesomeness.