Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steeveeo

How good is YOUR vision?

I just went through this neat little eyesight test that quizzes your ability to distinguish hues from one another.

http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77

The quiz involves simply arranging the tiles in each line to form as perfect of a gradient as possible.

With 0 being "Perfect Eyesight" and 35 being about the average for most adults, how well do you score? And where are you shaky in your vision?

I got an 8, having the most trouble in the Red-Oranges and Green-blues.

I know mine's pretty good from official testing, though there's no way I could pass that test on this awful LCD I had to borrow from work. The dark blue of the reply page shifts to light blue as I sit up, and to blue-gray as I lean to the side >_>

I scored a 4 (damn those mid-greens) - better than expected given the coke-bottle lenses I'm wearing.

EDIT - some days I just can't spell.

i got a 0. glad i know my colors, but i still have to wear glasses because my eyesight is fairly poor.

Lüt said:

I know mine's pretty good from official testing, though there's no way I could pass that test on this awful LCD I had to borrow from work. The dark blue of the reply page shifts to light blue as I sit up, and to blue-gray as I lean to the side >_>

Why would that matter? Especially if you kept your head still while doing it...

I got 20 on that test, though I think it's probably more important that my vision is 20/15 in the normal tests :)

And those unlucky enough to be using a TFT/LCD, better take this test on a good CRT monitor, else what you're really testing is the limits of your monitor, not your vision.

For those using glasses: glasses don't add positively to color perception, at most they will alter it and filter out certain hue differences, which becomes more extreme with tinted or smoked glasses. At most you can hope for an unaltered color perception, not an enhancement.

I got a 9. The mid greens are real motherfuckers. I'm wondering if I need to recalibrate my monitor gamma now...

0, in 3 minutes or so, piece of cake. Even though I have spent my working time behind a computer for 16 years, my eyes are still perfect (sight also). I don't know why.

...maybe I'm superman and if I concentrate hard enough my eyes can shoot lasers.... :P

18. Will have to try it with my CRT at some point.

Main trouble I had is that while I could see that two squares where different, I couldn't tell which was lighter/darker

I got about halfway through, got bored, decided this was stupid, and whipped out DigitalColor Meter. 10 minutes later...perfect.

Problems with the mid-greens, and for some reason HUGE problems with one shade of pink.

I got a 10 in 4 minutes.

Most of the trouble is between yellow and green hues.

I was using 16 bit color.

So in real colors I got a 0.

yeah. seriously, the "real hues" in teh results were so patterned due to the 16 bit pallete that I'm amazed I didn't outright fail it.

343 with my glasses on. That was pretty damn hard. Each strip looked like it only had 3-4 different shades to me.