Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gemini09

Some screenshots

I want to share some screenshots of my work in progress. It's a bonus map for Xmas Doom. Incidentally I ended up with a red/ green theme which I think is suitable as a Xmas Doom map. I wanted to make something like House Of Pain and call it Slaughtering House with lots of crushing ceilings and other map-oriented traps, but strayed off somewhere. So it'll be a small, basic map with lots of demon carnage.

Thats pretty nice, one sugestion (feel free to ignore me) when I look at those screen shots I can't help thinking that they would be set off perfectly if you added what looks like a carpet running down the middle of those rooms/coridors. just a suggestion.

I stuck to the 128 standard light level of DoomBuilder, which looks just fine with GZDoom. My monitor is rather bright so they look fine to me.

PhilibusMo said:

Thats pretty nice, one sugestion (feel free to ignore me) when I look at those screen shots I can't help thinking that they would be set off perfectly if you added what looks like a carpet running down the middle of those rooms/coridors. just a suggestion.

Thanks for the input. I already have red ledges on the sides of the path. More would be redundant, in my opinion. I made a small path of the different green textures that are more visible in the game, though.

Mancubus II said:

Somehow I thought you might be back around the winter times again.

Yes. I think it's plenty to just show off a few screenshots and a small description every winter, and then repeat it next year.

Butts said:

are you the gemini from alien vendetta? or am i confused?

Yep he is.

Some nice use of marble. I do like the mixture of marble brick and red brick. Looks really effective. A lot of it does look pretty dark. Which is not a bad thing, I guess as long as not absolutely everything is dark.

Am interested to see this when it is done.

yay, carpet! even demons like to feel some soft pile under their claws sometimes. keeps their feet from getting cold on all that marble.

If you ever noticed, the demons never walk straight towards you. They walk a little to the left, a little to the right, a little back, then forward again. That's because the carpets feel so nice, and now, they will do the same in my level.

I'm at a stand-still on the level at the moment... just need one last, giant cathedral-like room, and some more rooms to use more cool textures and add variety, and then add the monsters. See you guys later.

Thanks for the input, Kyka. The light level is all pretty much the same throughout the map. It looks fine with my monitor and I can only go by that, but I hope it's not dark for everyone else.