Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
[Limit-removing, no BOOM] Dark Caliber

This is official, ellmo has left the team and wished to remove his map02, fine, will do! so yes, anyone up to fill the missing slots in? next check-up deadline is on December 12th, i'm providing current resources as well (Bloodskull, be sure to get those resources here, because i added new stuff in). So yeah, whoever wants to take the free slots must make sure he has loads of time and also make sure he won't forget about the map or reject it in the middle! :D that's it, make sure you have loads of time, make sure you're not overrun with many community projects then we can talk.

Next check-up deadline: December 12th
Resource wad version 2.0: http://www.speedyshare.com/530909772.html
One thing, this resource includes complete map01 and map04 + incomplete map06 so you can play them, map02 was removed on author's wish, well he can fuck off now ;). also includes many new textures/flats for mappers, they feel free to add their own resources but they better don't overdo it

• MAP 01: Dawn of Ancients (Alter)
    Architecture/Layout: 100%
    Item Placement: 100%
  • MAP 02: ??? (Not Assigned)
    Architecture/Layout: 0%
    Item Placement: 0%
  • MAP 03: ??? (Not assigned)
  • MAP 04: Hell's within - Alter
    Architecture/Layout: 100%
    Item Placement: 100%
  • MAP 05: Dawn Patrol - Bloodskull
    Architecture/Layout: 35%
    Item Placement: 35%
  • MAP 06: Alter's ego - Alter
    Architecture/Layout: 7%
    Item Placement: 7%
  • MAP 07: The Dark Caliber (Reserved for all mappers, collab map)
You can find screens from Dark Caliber, Xenus 3 here:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/Kaiseroo/

Well i'm mapping a bit but i'm busy loads with school, i'll try up some pic or two later

Hi guys, well i'm quite busy chasing and fighting all homeworks i have in this IT school. I have some new screens for ya for map06, bloodskull what is happening with you? Are you busy? If so please answer here on in PM

I'm still alive, i'm making map06 and hey Bloodskull, I know you're on MSN! Get your ass over here and tell that you're alive at least ;)

kristus said:

Holy texture clash, Batman!

You mean the last screen? Yeah i had absolutely no idea what to make from brick for cyberdemon that Is there. Well it doesn't clash that BAD as it looks

If it's "limit removing" and "no BOOM" why take screenshots in a prboom gl port?

What's the problem with showing screenshots for a limit removing wad in a limit removing port?

If the wad were for a specific port and I showed screenshots of it in another port, then I would question.

I guess because the screenshots don't give an accurate impression of how the wad will look in the majority of the ports it's made to run with.

How do you get "software limit removing" from "limit removing"?

I would have thought that "limit removing" means it is designed for any limit removing port, software or openGL etc

And a basic limit-removing port doesn't use a completely different renderer. I don't really have a problem with these screenshots, really, though I think software shots would be more representative of how the wad looks. It's not as bad as if he had posted screenshots in Risen3d or something with all the textures and sprites replaced.

What exactly represents "the look" of a wad is something that could probably be debated for all eternity.

There are those who say models would obstruct the true look. There are those who say it wouldn't.

You could also say that taking screenshots while the player is looking upward rather than straight ahead obstructs the true look of the wad. Looking up and down is not "basic limit removing"; hence the screenshots show views that you wouldn't be able to get in a basic limit removing port.

Your response sounds more like your personal preference than anything else.

But I guess we'll agree to disagree so to speak.

Use3D said:

Not vanilla anymore? Fail.

Use3D, ellmo mislead all of you in previous (locked by now) topic, the wad was NEVER vanilla, it was limit-removing, in short for ports like doom2-plus, he forgot to mention that.... fuck

Btw glboom-plus is my port of choice with -complevel 2

Vermil said:

What exactly represents "the look" of a wad is something that could probably be debated for all eternity.

There are those who say models would obstruct the true look. There are those who say it wouldn't.

You could also say that taking screenshots while the player is looking upward rather than straight ahead obstructs the true look of the wad. Looking up and down is not "basic limit removing"; hence the screenshots show views that you wouldn't be able to get in a basic limit removing port.

Your response sounds more like your personal preference than anything else.

But I guess we'll agree to disagree so to speak.

It is extremely uncommon to see any map screenshots using hi-res textures and models that were not either for model-heavy maps such as Sitters' (where the models are made specifically for the map and are an integral part of the architecture) or a failed attempt to hide very poor and uninteresting mapping. Almost always the latter.

Of course, that doesn't apply to these screenshots, but it does apply to your post. :p

Holy jesus christ bump, the news is, i'm seriously considering releasing dark caliber as 3-map mapset only, you ask why. Here's the answer, bloodskull isn't responding to any form of message i'm sending him, i'm getting definitely busy in my life with school and family plus i'm moving out soon so it's gonna be bother-some. I would release Map01, 04 and 06 only in this case. Sorry to dissapoint but my life is more important than doom or gaming as whole :V