Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darknation

Cooking Mama!

I played it and I was pretty appalled on what Butterball is doing. Don't get me wrong, I'll always eat meat. But the way they treat the animals is disgusting. I wish some one would close them down until they kill animals humanely.

herooftime1000 said:

I wish some one would close them down until they kill animals humanely.

Honestly I think that this should be Peta's cause. They should operate their own farms and slaughterhouses and sell meat that is certified hugged. Or they should put funds into genetic research to create a cow that dies from being too happy.

Creaphis said:

Honestly I think that this should be Peta's cause. They should operate their own farms and slaughterhouses and sell meat that is certified hugged.

PETA Kobe beef? :-)

Seriously, having some nasty-looking woman with a cleaver telling you you're "too nice" if you don't prepare the turkey fast enough? I mean, they're not even being realistic about it. It's like how all the villains in Captain Planet are destroying the world just to be assholes...this tells us that all people who work in the meat industry are horrible sadists. All I know is that this has somehow managed to convince me to never become a vegetarian.

I like how the eggs bleed when you crack them. This game is so realistic!

darknation said:

Alternatively, breed cows that are too retarded to feel pain.

Science!

Or Douglas Adams' idea of an animal that enjoys being killed so that someone can have a nice dinner.

Creaphis said:

Honestly I think that this should be Peta's cause. They should operate their own farms and slaughterhouses and sell meat that is certified hugged.

Given their experience in operating extermination centres - slaughterhouses shouldn't be a big jump for them.

I stopped eating meat for a while, cause it kind of bothers me to eat produced meat. But I can't stay away from meatballs and pizza. :(

I think I'm gonna try again though.

Richo Rosai said:

I wonder why Nintendo lets them get away with this crap? The Mario one especially is beyond parody.

I'm sure they'll send the lawyers in if Super Chick Sisters looks like being a runaway best-seller.

"If God had wanted us to be vegetarians, he wouldn't have made animals out of meat."

I'm not sure which is more fucked up. The way those birds are treated, or the way animal activists try so hard to make me feel guilty about it. Or how some people can think it is unintentionally hilarious.

Ha ha ha.

GreyGhost said:

I'm sure they'll send the lawyers in if Super Chick Sisters looks like being a runaway best-seller.

I'm pretty sure there's more to go after than profits. Mario and Luigi and Toad--not similar characters but they themselves--are in this propaganda which makes a radical political statement and strongly implies that using the Wii can cause debilitating injury.

If I had to guess I'd say they just don't want to risk alienating like-minded idiots who might be customers while drawing attention to the retardedness for a few bucks.

Peta propaganda reminds me a lot of Republican propaganda.

1. It's basically based on a few tiny facts.
2. They pad them out with a bunch of lies and misinformation.
3. They repeat them ad nauseum until it seems normal.
4. Anyone from the real world that walks in on this suddenly feels like they're in an alternate reality.

Richo Rosai said:
I'm pretty sure there's more to go after than profits. Mario and Luigi and Toad--not similar characters but they themselves--are in this propaganda which makes a radical political statement and strongly implies that using the Wii can cause debilitating injury.

Who knows - there might be a little truth in what they're saying.

I hope that somebody tries to pull the "Don't eat animals, they're people too!" argument on me soon. I'll respond with a calm acknowledgment of the fact that, if it was standard social practice to do so, I would eat people too.

Espi said:

I stopped eating meat for a while, cause it kind of bothers me to eat produced meat. But I can't stay away from meatballs and pizza. :(

I think I'm gonna try again though.

I'll never try to stop eating meat for the sake of not eating meat, but I already try to keep my intake sensible for economic and health reasons. Fast food and other over-processed meat doesn't appeal to me anyway. What does appeal to me is this absolutely incredible bacon in a local meat shop.

I did the Pescetarian thing for a little while. While I sort of have some qualms about how food gets to my plate (I'm not against killing things to survive, but some of the methods used are a bit beyond just killing things) I love delicious delicious beef too much. Oh well.

I think some citations are totally needed to clarify whether you really can pull a turkey's major internal organs out through its ass, as suggested by certain rather biased flash games.

I'm fairly certain you can't, (unless you want to end up with something that you wouldn't stick on the table at thanksgiving) but hey, I could be wrong.