Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

medal of honor allied assult - kick ass!

If you haven't played it yet, buy it. The atmosphere that Return to Castle Wolfenstein failed to create is in this game. A bit short for my tastes, but still awesome! Thrill after thrill. Nazi shooting mayhem! OH YEAH!

Too bad I had to come to school. Damn. Just finished Normandy...

I played the single player demo to death already and I'm waiting for the game to be on the shelves here in Belgium (a few more days...). RTCW was about 'fantasy sci-fi' or whatever - which is the standard id Software excuse for not having to think too hard about a game. MOHAA on the other hand focuses on realism - I played the Normany mission at a friend's house and it conveys perfectly the kind of gritty violent atmosphere from Saving Private Ryan, the Longest Day and other war movies.

This is the type of game I will never show to my grandfather. He'd probably get weird flashbacks and seizures again. Or start a four-hour monologue about World War II... I don't know which is worse =)

After I finish this game (I just finished Normandy. Unbelievable) I'll be playing thru Medal of Honor and Medal of Honor Underground again. I sure will miss mouse control from Allied Assault though.

There's only 1 complaint I have about the game. In the first 2 games I loved peeking around corners. But in Allied Assault you can't peek around corners in single player! Ugh!