Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

Its Diablo 2... But not as we know it....

Yes. It's a Diablo 2 mod that I came across today. So what does this have to do with Doom? Normally nothing. But this mod includes some enemies that will be rather familiar to most people from around here.

There is even the odd Doom item thrown in for good measure.

It looks like a pretty random mod. In it you will meet everything from Agents to Ultralisks to a little yoda

And this appearance perhaps explains why certain games are taking like... forever to be released.

If anyone is interested, the download link is here. I haven't actually tried it, on account of I would have to sign up for a fileplanet account to get it, and I couldn't be stuffed doing that. It's an april fool's mod, but apparently it works well enough for all that.

I thought the idea was kinda cool anyway.

I saw those imps in the sewers in picture 1 and almost cried. I played Diablo II LOD for a good five years or so, and Doom being my favorite game, I started jumping up and down in my seat giggling like a little girl when I saw those imps, demons, and cacodemons. Too bad it seems it's not purely doom related or else I would immediately be all over it.

And yeah, you can mod pretty much any game in existence given enough time and experience. Shit, people still hack and homebrew Atari 2600 games.

Seems kinda cool. Though, they should have made it a full Doom mod, not a mod filled with other junk. If I can get past the Fileplanet stuff, I'll download it and try it out.

Heh. I did a little more reading into the mod, and the site it came from, and all the mods that are listed on the site are grouped under different versions. This particular mod is listed under LoD v1.11 (link here. Go to v1.11, then look for "you gotta be kidding me", which will then take you to the link I posted at the top.

Was just posting this to tell people who want to try it that the mod will run with 1.11 (And I think it will run with 1.12, which was a battlenet only patch, though correct me if I am wrong.) If you have a version of LoD earlier than that, the mod probably won't work with it.

It's definitely a modification. No charm in the game gives 100% magic find like the "backpack", and that armor doesn't resemble anything in the actual game. I'm guessing the same goes for the monsters.

Oh god. This is so funny. I love playing D2, have been on and off since it came out, I just got done playing a few minutes ago actually.

I loled ith the sewer pics. If you think about it, some of the textures in Doom resemble the sewers, so it kind of fits if you ask me.

By the way the backpack is pretty damn powerful, like a suped up gheed's cause of the extra gold and 100% mf.

Diablo is very moddable. Funny screens by the way :)

Median is perhaps the most popular large scale conversion with dozens of skill replacements, new items and areas with their own bosses, etc. The latest version "Median XL" was released only a bit over a week ago.

I've not really tried Diablo mods myself either (only gotten a few characters through the unmodded game on hell, so there's enough things to do as it is), but this looks like content for weeks if you're bored at the base game.

Delvin said:

Diablo is very moddable. Funny screens by the way :)

Median is perhaps the most popular large scale conversion with dozens of skill replacements, new items and areas with their own bosses, etc. The latest version "Median XL" was released only a bit over a week ago.

Eastern Sun for the win. It's both pretty damn balanced and has a ton of new stuff.

fuck fileplanet and their registering. does this mod need diablo 2 to run? i havent played that game myself, i know it from a buddy who has played it like there's no tomorrow. interesting game, i've always wanted a doom mod in the diablo universe (especially in its later, hellish levels which looked quite doomish). not the other way around.

I also lol'd at the screenshots, especially at some of the other items in the inventory (a floppy disk??). I too was once a Diablo2 addict, and immediately started salivating at the sight of those items (if only the backpack could double your inventory space, or add more like the Cube!) It almost tempted me to play it again, but I know better than to do that. Same reason I refuse to play WOW - I need to limit my addictions.

Amen brother.

I'm EarthQuake, and I too had a Diablo addiction. I've been clean for about 2 years now. Sometimes I am tempted, but I am reminded of all the effort I gave, and it makes me stronger.

If someone made a Doom TC for Diablo I would be thrilled.

Jodwin said:

Eastern Sun for the win. It's both pretty damn balanced and has a ton of new stuff.

I like Chaos Empire. I've played ES but it became too easy and everything was super-powered IMO. CE has some wacky additions and it's pretty fun. Kingdom of Tenai was really, really hard (for example those thunder lizards in the catacombs use a nova when they die which does like 10000000 damage, no kidding) but it had some interesting ideas like the skill tree.

I haven't tried Median though, is it good?