Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

Anti-Catholicism

Does anyone else despise the Catholic religion?

No offense to any Catholics, but I'm getting sick of all their bullshit.

Those damn Catholics with their damn dogma and crap.

Well, actualy I don't know much about the Christian sects, so I can say much. I do know that the Catholic church was pretty crappy back in the day.

And I think my favorite word, antidisenstablishmentarianism, has something to do with Catholosism.

Please to define "bullshit", and I might yet let you live.

Let's take a moment to reflect on the practical differences between the leadership and "official" stance of the Church, and the attitudes and individual beliefs of its individual members.

And what, pray tell, would this 'bullshit' be? I know I didn't do anything...

So, you're basically saying that the whole second half of Northern Ireland are a bunch o' jerks?
Baaad boy, no biscuit!

Just because someone belongs to the Catholic Church doesn't mean that he/she takes it all serious, and even if they take it serious they can still be nice people.

I hope you're referring to the fundamentalist arsehole Catholics.

I'm technically a Protestant (though I no longer believe in God), but I get ok along with my half-German, Catholic friend...

Thats why I hate religeous factions...its a bunch of bunk. Either you subscribe to a certain belief structure totaly, or you just have your own beliefs. No 50/50...it makes you look like a goon.

Thats why I hate religeous factions...its a bunch of bunk. Either you subscribe to a certain belief structure totaly, or you just have your own beliefs. No 50/50...it makes you look like a goon.

Ditt. Fucking. O.

People aren't the carbon-copied sheep they're made out to be. When you've got your own opinion, when you're smart enough to see beyond the shroud, is it so hard to believe there might be other individuals with their own beliefs and intelligence as well?

Does anyone else despise the Catholic religion?

Hmm, I don't see any mention of individual people there. Only the religion as a whole.

The "bullshit" I speak of is your damn annoying rules against abortion, birth control, pre-marital kissing (yes, I was told in school that passionate kissing before marriage would lead to everlasting damnation in hell). I mean, it's great if you believe that, but could you please stop trying to brainwash the rest of us?

Once again, I'm not using individuals here. Some of my best friends are Catholics, in fact. But I'm just getting sick of some of the crap being pushed on me.

And who is enforcing these rules on you Archie-boy? Hmm? Is there an agent of the Pope's secret police that's stalking you and making sure you don't kiss your GF for more than a second? Are there heavily armed Swiss Guardsmen threatening people that get near the abortion clinic? Who exactly is "pushing" this crap on you? And why are you taking it so seriously!?!

Just because someone belongs to the Catholic Church doesn't mean that he/she takes it all serious, and even if they take it serious they can still be nice people.

Heh, doesn't taking it seriously set them up to be nice people in the first place? ;)

In my opinion...

Religion is for people with weak minds. It's for people who feel the need for purpose and direction, but don't we all feel that need?

No book can tell anyone how to live his life. The Bible is, for the most part, a big collection of suggestions as to how we should all conduct our daily lives. I do agree with the 10 commandments however (or atleast the ones I can remember). I've never studied relgion too deeply. I've skimmed the Bible and read parts of the Satanic Bible, and I've gobbled up bits of Norse Mythology. They all have good ideas and bad ones too. Religion is just a waste of time to me. I know who I am, what I want, where I stand, blah blah blah... "I give what I want, when I want to give, don't regret my choice..." (Possessed)

A good friend of mine's family used to attend a Catholic church, but it started giving them flak because they weren't contributing money. They were a very financially challenged, low income family at the time, and the church knew this...

Believe in yourself.

I don't hate catholics, I just hate what the catholics did.

Fuck religion, I believe in God, and Jesus, I don't care bout nothing else religion wise.

You people shot start listening to the new slayer cd, says everything needed to be said about religion.

I pitty people that worship a god and can't even say his name.

Who says that they can't say his name?
As far as I know the Cristian God's name simply is 'God'.

And that goes for the moslem God 'Allah' too, since 'Allah' is the Arabian word for 'God'.

And who is enforcing these rules on you Archie-boy? Hmm? Is there an agent of the Pope's secret police that's stalking you and making sure you don't kiss your GF for more than a second? Are there heavily armed Swiss Guardsmen threatening people that get near the abortion clinic? Who exactly is "pushing" this crap on you? And why are you taking it so seriously!?!

Well I was sort of left out of everything for eight years...going to a Catholic school, just about everything was "Catholics only." Which is funny, considering Catholic means "open to all". Basically the "pushers" would be the teachers, the priests, etc., and even some of my classmates. It just got old after a while.

YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH YAWEH

That said, I will say I just completed a semester of Bible as Lit. The religion is quite interesting, but still...I see no reason to join the big Christianity club. The Old Testament is pretty fucked up from what I've seen...there are a ton of crap in there I see as immoral, cruel, or downright evil. The New Testament is cool, but it's clear the teachings of Jesus were twisted quit a bit by the gospels and their translators.

At any rate, if there is any faction of Christianity that I hate, it's the Mormons. About 1/5 of my county is Mormon, and damn they are weirdos. Them with their dozen children, anti0masterbation, and God that hates women.

Organized religion sucks. Organized political parties suck.

Also, the factionism is kind of pointless. At my school there are often semirelgious and semicultural clashes between whites of whatever religion and Chaldeans of Catholicism.

I don't hold the Chaldeans in contempt because I actually HAVE a few Chaldean friends. So I don't generalize for that entire faction. I'd rather not take sides against groups of people, just the ideas.

MEWSECULT

/me sprays you with NUZZLE™ spray

At any rate, if there is any faction of Christianity that I hate, it's the Mormons. About 1/5 of my county is Mormon, and damn they are weirdos. Them with their dozen children, anti0masterbation, and God that hates women.

I wanna see if you can spend a month in Salt Lake and not go postal. Call it a bet. :)

I wanna see if you can spend a month in Salt Lake and not go postal. Call it a bet. :)

$1,000 says I can't. Muahaha!

For Roman Catholics, go watch the movie "Dogma"

For Mormons, go watch the movie "Orgazmo"

For Jews and Numerologists and Stock Brokers, go watch the movie "Pi"

all of them can be found at imdb.com

I see no reason to join the big Christianity club. The Old Testament is pretty fucked up from what I've seen...there are a ton of crap in there I see as immoral, cruel, or downright evil. The New Testament is cool, but it's clear the teachings of Jesus were twisted quit a bit by the gospels and their translators.

I've been told that the Old Testament is pretty much the Jewish Bible. After all, Christianity was founded by Jews.
I agree that the Old Testament is full of stuff, which in my eyes is immoral rubbish, like the shit about "God being the only true God", and all other "shitty" Gods should be cast down, because "they are false" 'n shit.

And danny my boy, I think you should stay away from organized religions and not join 'the big club' of Cristianity.

all of them can be found at imdb.com

Danarchist and anyone interested in the Olympics, go see the movie "SLC Punk." (It was written and directed by two guys from my high school.)

Who says that they can't say his name?
As far as I know the Cristian God's name simply is 'God'.

And that goes for the moslem God 'Allah' too, since 'Allah' is the Arabian word for 'God'.

It's one of the 10 commandments, you can't say "Jesus Christ" or "God" unless you're praying or some shit like that.

It's one of the 10 commandments, you can't say "Jesus Christ" or "God" unless you're praying or some shit like that.

Oh THAT. Well, most regular "Christians" (not fundamentalist Christians who suck like every other fundamentalist group) don't take this serious at all.

And I agree with you that people who DO take this commandment serious aren't worthy of my respect (or yours for that matter).

Danarchist and anyone interested in the Olympics, go see the movie "SLC Punk." (It was written and directed by two guys from my high school.)

SLC Punk kicks ass. Really good movie. And my favorite word, 'antidisenstablishmentarianism' can be seen in the background. Cool beans.

I might just qucikly add a few things...

first off, I say that there might be a god(s). I don't know if he/she/it/they is good or evil. and wile you carn't prove that god(s) exsists, you carn't disprove eather.

I follow no Religion.

but i don't look down on people who do. and i feel the only resion most of you hate Religion is because you want to rebel. in the 60's/70's hippys rebeled agenst captitalisim and war, in the 80's it was disco. now it's religon.

I look foward to seeing what the next genarion decides is the new evil.

Organized religion sucks. Organized political parties suck.

soooo you'd rather have an anarchy? ok...

I agree that the Old Testament is full of stuff, which in my eyes is immoral rubbish, like the shit about "God being the only true God", and all other "shitty" Gods should be cast down, because "they are false" 'n shit.

hell yeah!! geez there's some fucked up shit in there, like the story of soddom,

A bunch of vagrants went up to the door of Lot's house and demanded that the he send out the two men staying there, so that they might have intimicies with them. However, Lot, being the ever accomidating host, says: "Do not do this wicked thing. You can have my two virgin daughters instead, and may do with them whatever you wish." What a champion.