Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brandon D. Lade

A Decade and a Half of Doom

Tomorrow, December 10, 2008, Doom will be 15 years old. Hooray! I just wanted to make everyone aware of this, plus signal that the 2008 Cacowards need to be worked on if they are not already finished. I'll find out if they're finished tomorrow!

Today is december the 10th for me, but I have been stuck doing house work. Tomorrow however (which will be the 10th for most of you), I'll be having a doom3 local network deathmatch.

I'm going to celebrate by throwing a party!

On such short notice, that's not going to happen, so I guess we'll just need a deathmatch in... wait for it... can you guess it yet... no?... Quake III Arena!

(bet you thought I was going to say Doom)

I can't wait for the Cacowards. Every year it's like a ritual for me to sit down and read them. Then I go and play some of the wads which have been mentioned. They're not up yet, but it isn't the 10th in many countries yet. Today we get a 15 Years of Doom as well. ^^

MikeRS said:

I'm going to celebrate by throwing a party!

On such short notice, that's not going to happen, so I guess we'll just need a deathmatch in... wait for it... can you guess it yet... no?... Quake III Arena!

(bet you thought I was going to say Doom)

Traitor! :D

LAN party at my place tomorrow, celebrating 15 years of DOOM...! Unfortunately, only 3 or 4 people attending (but then again, classic doom is meant to be played with no more than 4 people).

I estimate the Cacowards will be put up at noon EST (it'll be 6:00pm for me) - that's six hours from now. Looking forward to it, though, whenever it'll be. :P

Also - I have the day off! My two non-free periods that I would've had at school today are missing their teachers, so no lessons at all! Whoo! :D

Eh, I won't spoil it for myself until they're officially announced.

I'll be mashing F5 on the front page for a while, I think. :P

Nancy said:

LAN party at my place tomorrow, celebrating 15 years of DOOM...! Unfortunately, only 3 or 4 people attending (but then again, classic doom is meant to be played with no more than 4 people).

What port/exe do you use...

You can thank Patrick Pineda for the current delay in Cacowards. They WILL be posted today (at least it'll be today on the western half) later this afternoon.

daDA daDA daDA daDAAAAAAAAAA daDADA

daDA daDA daDA dadaDAAAAAAAAAA (repeat)

(fast bit here)

dadaDA dadaDA dadaDA dadaDAAAAAAAAAA daDADA

dadaDA dadaDA dadaDA dadaDAAAAAAAAAA (repeat)

Was just humming the theme from E1M1

Happy Birtyday Doom.

i saw doom in early 1994 for the first time, on a friend's brand new 486. i was blown away, as the game was exactly how i imagined an improved wolf3d. i think the 3rd demo was on mt. erebus, i liked the hellish style best, and the bunch of enemies on that map looked like a never ending horde for me then (luckily, hell revealed was still a few years away ;) )

my first deathmatch ever was on e3m2. i and 2 others loaded a random map as we didn't know them anyway. playing as indigo, i found the rocket launcher in a recess and chose to camp here until green got in too, i fired and we both died. not a brilliant start...

perhaps i should have spent less time playing doom, but i grew fond of this game like of no other.