Find results in...
herooftime1000

Loved or Feared?

Loved or Feared  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Loved or Feared

• Loved
    • Feared

Would you rather be loved by all the people and receive gifts from the loving masses or would you be feared and force people to give you gifts.

Either way, you get gifts. **

Pffft, that's not much of a choice. Honestly, who would pick fear if you could use love and get the exact same results? Someone who's pretty crazy I guess.

I'd prefer to have everyone held in a state of amusement and confusion. Like if Willy Wonka was the dictator of the world.

I love everyone so therefore I prefer to be loved. People giving you gifts out of fear seems so fake. I'd rather someone give me a gift because they wanted to, not because they needed to.

Looking at it from a completely selfish and utilitarian point of view, if I'd be feared by everyone chances are there would be someone who'd want to off me and has the means to do so. If, on the other hand, I was loved by everyone there technically shouldn't be anyone with a thing against me, and therefor not wanting to kill me.

Yeah, it's a pretty easy choice.

Jodwin said:

Looking at it from a completely selfish and utilitarian point of view, if I'd be feared by everyone chances are there would be someone who'd want to off me and has the means to do so. If, on the other hand, I was loved by everyone there technically shouldn't be anyone with a thing against me, and therefor not wanting to kill me.

Yeah, it's a pretty easy choice.

Just for that I'm going to destroy your credit.

Hmmm.....

It's better to be FEARED then LOVED.
Reason- Would you like to live with people crowding you all day long, no personal space, no time with anyone alone because everyone else is wanting you. If you go living with people FEARING you, then you won't have to worry of personal space and what not problems.

Think it thoroughly, you will be better feared then loved.

I'd rather be a mix of both; people would either love to fear me, or fear to love me. It would be a very entertaining combo IMO.

I'm not cute or personable enough to be loveable - that's one option ruled out. OTOH - I'm not yet intimidating enough to be feared - need more practice. Poll should have included a "Meh" option.

Patrick Pineda said:

you assholes better fear me, i work for a collections agency!

It's the fear factor that kept us from lynching you when the Cacowards were delayed. :P

You better love me bitches, or prepare to fear me. D:

Seriously though. Anyone who choose fear for anything but lulz... got some sort of mental condition.

Ah I'm tired of being feared. It doesn't work out so great, since the people that should fear me are too stupid to.

I guess the theory is that if people are afraid of you, then that means you have some sort of control over them (like even in families, emotional control and shit like that) and then you don't have to fear them.

So lots of people kind of want others to fear them, even if its in just subtle ways.

'Course it never works out that way. Fear in others just breeds fear in you.

And love? Love needs too much trust, mostly. Fear is much easier to achieve.

Loved or feared? Meh.

Loved obviously, even if it's not very likely.

I would have to say loved.

Who the hell would want to be feared... Like kristus said, you'd have to have some sort of mental condition. :p

kristus said:

Seriously though. Anyone who choose fear for anything but lulz... got some sort of mental condition.

"He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes."

- Siddhartha Buddha

Fucking Buddha mang. And I'd say there was a being who knew his shit.

Butts said:

feared, that way i can be an evil dictator. love backfires harder than fear.

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.

quoting bad movies, awwwwwwww yeah

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Well, simple. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me"

Neither.

I would prefer to be admired and appreciated by everyone.

That is, unless I lived in a world where I was the only guy and was surrounded by beautiful, non-clingy, non-psycho women. Then I'd want be loved. :p