Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JacenOmegaX

Ghoul's Return

I started a fan-series to The Ghoul's Forest called Ghoul's Return.

I want to thank the following people:

Daniel for some Weapon Templates and The Minigun
Xaser for the Double Pistols
GT Interactive for the Quad Shotgun
Monolith Productions for the Tommy Gun Sound
Cutmanmike for the inspiration, Sjas and standing marine sprites
Corey Whittle for the fist sprites (I think)
Alando1 (Alan) for the Tommy Gun sprites
Dudukrazy for the Monster Templates
Paul Corfiatis for the map, Impsex template and for letting me use Midnight Island

The link is broken... it's better to release it here or if you want the wad to be checked, before you upload it to the archives, then upload first here. You can create an own folder there without releasing it to filefront directly, so you can delete it later on.

I played it with ZDoom 2.2.0 and GZDoom, but I was not able to hear the ghoul. Is it intended to not hear him? If yes, then it’s too hard I think, because I died all the time, but the appearance is good. Try to fix the sound of the ghoul and you will have an acceptable pean wad.

Here is a picture for others (ingame picture would be too dark):

It's just PC's ghoul's forest rip off with a bunch of crappy overused weapons thrown in. Oh yeah there is one other change. Sjas doesn't work properly anymore. <_<;;

TheSaiyanHog said:

You gotta use the god mode cheat.

God mode cheat: IDDQD

Oh yeah, I was inspired by Cutmanmike to do this mod and PC let me use his Midnight Island map.

UPDATED VERSION HERE:

http://files.filefront.com/ghoulsreturnzip/;12655900;/fileinfo.html

Can anyone lock this topic for me?

I'm done posting here.

So basically all you did was fix the sound problem for Sjas and now you're quiting?

TheSaiyanHog said:

You gotta use the god mode cheat.

No I don't, I just deleted this garbage.

wait what...you need to use Godmode...i mean isnt the point of making wad/mod is to give doomers a new challenge of difficulty? **

Undead+priest said:

wait what...you need to use Godmode...i mean isnt the point of making wad/mod is to give doomers a new challenge of difficulty? **

It really should make a difference, considering that Sjas kills you even with god mode on.

Undead+priest said:

He's not even worth it...I had to refrain myself from flaming the crap out of him for it.

If god-mode's required and Sjas can't kill you - where's the challenge?

DoomBuilder flagged some duplicate thing numbers in the updated map.

TheSaiyanHog said:

I'm going to take a break from making doom mods for a while.

Technically, you didn't even make anything. These are all just resources you ripped from different wads.

I'd like to apologise for the large amount (at least 8 now) of rubbish Ghoul's Forest ripoff wads that are rolling around the internet now. While I appreciate the fans, these kind of "tributes" make me wish it was possible to protect wads from being edited :(

Cutman said:

I'd like to apologise for the large amount (at least 8 now) of rubbish Ghoul's Forest ripoff wads that are rolling around the internet now.

Not really your problem, but I kinda feel better...thanks!

Oh yeah that reminds me guys. I'm working on a tribute to Ghouls forest 3. It takes place during the year of the cyborg and you have to shoot the ghouls with the weapons from Wild Weasel's Diaz wad. It's going to have 64 levels and a lot of the levels are going to be from extremely famous wads such as Deus Vult II and KDiZD. I'm extremely poor though and can't afford to buy Doom Builder or any other map editor so I was wondering if someone could help me out by making some maps for me.

Cutman said:

I'd like to apologise for the large amount (at least 8 now) of rubbish Ghoul's Forest ripoff wads that are rolling around the internet now. While I appreciate the fans, these kind of "tributes" make me wish it was possible to protect wads from being edited :(

Dude. Do you know what it means to have your wad imitated lots of times? It means it's awesome, people truly love it, and they want moar, so they're making moar themselves. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Spleen said:

Dude. Do you know what it means to have your wad imitated lots of times? It means it's awesome, people truly love it, and they want moar, so they're making moar themselves. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Well...that doesn't make them any less bad or unoriginal.