Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Most happy song ever.

Megalyth said:

Lucky Star, like so many other animes, have never been heard of until everybody hears of them. That doesn't stop me from liking it.

I'm not saying that LS is bad though; it's just, well, over rated. ;) I could go on a lengthy rant about that, but that would be rather off-topic though... Still, speaking of the theme song in particular, I find it much more noisy than many other "similar" theme songs, and thus worse. Hell, I'm sure the song is so popular just because it's something you can (barely) dance to at cons and it features Konata...

Overrated compared to what??

Anime is not mainstream. Anime cannot be overrated because nobody cares except you and /a/. Go kawaii yourself to your heart's content.

You want overrated, let's talk Oasis.

Anime isn't mainstream and overrated? Had I not witnessed the retarded bile Pbmax is spouting over at D3W today, this would have been the epic stupid of the day.

Coopersville said:

Both the most bubbily, happy, but also the most brutal, depressing song eveeeerrrrr.

Sonic Youth covered it pretty nicely.

kristus said:

Anime isn't mainstream and overrated? Had I not witnessed the retarded bile Pbmax is spouting over at D3W today, this would have been the epic stupid of the day.

Um, no, and fuck you.
There's a whole world outside of your little corner of the internet, and nobody in it gives a shit about anime.

Coopersville said:

Happy music isn't really music

?

Bucket said:

You want overrated, let's talk Oasis.

Considering (after a decade of hating them) that I like them and everyone else I run into seems to hate them, I don't think that's the word you're looking for.

It's like Radiohead. Everyone I ever see write a review of them says they're overrated, yet I've never seen anyone (aside from a small minority) say they're good. So like...what?

Speaking of which...

A happy song with sad lyrics. :(

Coopersville said:

Happy music isn't really music

ART IS PAIN

Bucket said:

There's a whole world outside of your little corner of the internet, and nobody in it gives a shit about anime.

Well, I suppose that my Grandma hasn't watched much aside from Excel Saga and Death Note, but I still have to say that anime is pretty mainstream.

I find most ska bands to produce music that triggers a good mood. Most of Mustard Plug, and Suicide Machines do a great job turning a shitty day into a better one.

MikeRS said:

The original certainly didn't give me negative emotions, nor did it give any positive emotions. Mostly just "WTF?"; both at the video/anime and the kinds of people that would watch it.

I also like this one for that matter, like Jodwin :-)

And most Blümchen songs too. You can't go wrong with "happy" hardcore now, can you? :-)

Danarchy said:

It's like Radiohead. Everyone I ever see write a review of them says they're overrated, yet I've never seen anyone (aside from a small minority) say they're good. So like...what?

Huh, I always got the impression that critics are so quick to call them overrate solely because everyone does have such a boner for them. In fact, what I've noticed seems to be the opposite of what you've noticed, which is that whenever someone tells me they don't like Radiohead, it's just because they're so popular.

Anyway, staying on topic...

Maes said:

And most Blümchen songs too. You can't go wrong with "happy" hardcore now, can you? :-)

More like, can't go wrong with a hot girl on rollerblades.

Well, it depends. This puts me in an awesome mood, mostly because it's one of the few I can understand almost in its entirety:

This puts me more in an "awww" sort of good mode every time I hear it:

This just makes me happy in a calm way:

And this makes the area between the legs happy:
BUT (SFW)

Kid Airbag said:

In fact, what I've noticed seems to be the opposite of what you've noticed, which is that whenever someone tells me they don't like Radiohead, it's just because they're so popular.

Nobody likes Radiohead; they're too popular.

I don't like Radiohead because I just don't like that music. Although I hate popular music in general, in most cases, but not because it is popular; because most of it just really fucking sucks in my opinion. Although the same could be said about everything I listen to, about how shitty my underground (relatively) metal music is. And if anyone could answer my previous question, that would be very kind: How do I make it so the video on youtube appears in my post, instead of as a link?

Put those random letters and other junk at the end of the URL (ie. oHg5SJYRHA0) between yt and /yt tags.

BTW, the code in those parentheses links to a song that makes me happy.

Andrew W.K. always makes your day:

EDIT: Kudos to Creaphis on explaining how to embed YouTube videos in forum posts.

Creaphis said:
BTW, the code in those parentheses links to a song that makes me happy.

MikeRS said:
Creaphis wins the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rhXUOn4-ME
cute-as-a-button Japanese girls and as silly as all hell chubby Japanese guy breathing fire arbitrarily? its tough to be mad when you watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI&feature=related
listen to this and tell me you don't feel like your 6 months old again and being rocked in your mothers arms. thats the feeling it gives me anway... laugh away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd355hi6Irs
this song is more about pride and bolstering a sad heart than pure "makes you feel happy" music. but fuck if It doesn't put a smile on my face every time i hear it.

Katrina and The Waves - Walking On Sunshine

The Beatles - Getting Better

Jackson 5 - I Want You Back

Jackson 5 - ABC

Junior Senior - Move Your Feet

Geto Boys - Damn It Feels Good to Be a Gangsta

The Young Rascals - Good Lovin'

Espi said:

This never fails to put a stupid grin on my face. Just wait for the lyrics. =p

Favorited. The video kicked major ass as it was, now it's even MOAR kickass.

Doesn't count if you can't produce a video. :P

There's nothing like a singing cat to put a smile on your face.

This is my happy song. Careful inspection of the lyrics will reveal that this is in fact the least happy song that you will perhaps ever hear without listening to My Chemical Romance. Still, it always makes me feel better.