Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jute

Community Project RESIZE

What if there was a community project where mappers either

A) made very very LARGE maps and then resized them to playable levels?

or

B) made very very SMALL maps and then resized them to playable levels?

I don't mean large or small like Deus Vult or 1024, but out of proportion with the player in one direction or another, if this makes sense.

Hmmm. This is a really quirky idea. I kinda like it. I suspect there isn't enough scope there to make it into a full community project though. I mean, once you have made the first level really hugely high, and the next level really hugely wide, and the third level could be really hugely deep, and the fourth level could be... ummm... really hugely high again? I mean, you only have three dimensions to work with here.

Probably you have better ideas for this than I do at the moment.

(I'm really hoping that DoomBuilder 2 adds a 4th and 5th dimension to the editing process. Then we would really have some scope for something like this.)

Creaphis said:

Let's not and say we did.

Done. We even won a cacoaward.

Craigs said:

Done. We even won a cacoaward.

rofl.

On an unrelated note, is there a nobel prize for mapping?

[edit] yeah of course there is... it's called a cacoward....duh.

jute gyte said:

I don't mean large or small like Deus Vult or 1024, but out of proportion with the player in one direction or another, if this makes sense.

Do you mean scaling maps to make the player feel like a giant or a midget? Could go a step further and do some scripting to resize the player, monsters and/or pickups to enhance the illusion.

Kyka said:

I'm really hoping that DoomBuilder 2 adds a 4th and 5th dimension to the editing process.

That would be a very handy feature for times when inspiration's in short supply - the ability to load a map from anywhere in the time/space continuum.