Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Homeless woman succeeds in staying warm for rest of life

Homeless woman succeeds in staying warm for rest of life

You can always count on AndrewB to see the positive side of things.

Hey, lighting yourself on fire is very Zen. I was tempted to do so, but then bought myself a portable space heater.

I don't wish to sound insensitive - BUT - if inhaling carcinogenic fumes was the cause of death this surely belongs in the Smoker/Non Smoker? thread.

Ninja edit - attach obligatory implied smilie :-)

Joe said:

Perhaps the homeless should migrate south for the winter.

That would be sweet. A whole winter of not having to deal with panhandlers downtown. And then all of my asshole friends and relatives from the south who complain when it gets below 50 degrees can enjoy the extra company.

Danarchy said:

Hey, lighting yourself on fire is very Zen. I was tempted to do so, but then bought myself a portable space heater.

By not setting yourself on fire, you also set yourself on fire.

Joe said:

Perhaps the homeless should migrate south for the winter.

I believe some already do, at least I think I've heard of hobos migrating before.

Coopersville said:

It'd be better if they did it in the traditional flying-v sense, cruising the interstate on their shopping carts.

Oh look! Up in the sky. It's a gaggle of hobos.

Perhaps they can fix the ozone layer while they're up there.

^ I see your post count is "warming up" the more you post here!

Csonicgo said:

Can't take the heat?
Try this story instead!

Heh. Was probably something a lot like this that the homeless lady was trying to avoid.

*Sigh

One story that's too hot. One story that's too cold. Just for once I'd like a story that's juuuuuuuust right.

These are so PUNbearable.

I was speed reading the article, so when I read 'They are a fire hazard', I thought they were talking about the flaming hobos for a second.

This incident is starting to remind me of this real fat woman (very poor by the way) who fell asleep in front of her heater and burned the skin off her legs.

Creaphis said:

You can always count on AndrewB to see the positive side of things.

I hereby propose this as the new custom title for AndrewB, which will also link to this here thread.

Kid Airbag said:

All of my asshole friends and relatives from the south who complain when it gets below 50 degrees can enjoy the extra company.

I live in Wisconsin, where 7 whole degrees is considered WARM in the winter. One of my relatives from Louisiana described the rare 34-degree weather down there as "cold as hell," so you're not far off. If the southerners complain about this type of weather, then they would DIE up here.

Also, I always wondered where the word "hobo" came from. I just thought it meant "homeless bozo."

Dgon92 said:

I live in Wisconsin, where 7 whole degrees is considered WARM in the winter. One of my relatives from Louisiana described the rare 34-degree weather down there as "cold as hell," so you're not far off. If the southerners complain about this type of weather, then they would DIE up here.

Incidentally, I'm going to walk to work in about 15 minutes...

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php?product=weather&placecode=cask0276&switchto=f